Here you'll find an ongoing list of new features, fixes, and changes added to each release of Pano2VR 7.
- 7.0 announcement
- 7.0 beta 6 announcement
- 7.0 beta 5 announcement
- 7.0 beta 4 announcement
- 7.0 beta 3 announcement
- 7.0 beta 2 announcement
- 7.0 beta 1 announcement
General and Interface
- Gnome Cloud
- Support for Apple Silicon (ARM) Macs
- All panels that can be popped out, now have a fullscreen button
- New Properties panels now incorporates project properties, image properties, user data, and viewing parameters
- Nodes in the Tour Browser now highlight when the mouse hovers a node, hotspot, list view, and a map pin in the Tour Map
- Hold the Shift key to limit movement of panorama along the horizontal or vertical axes in the Viewer.
- ★ Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Skins for VR are now located separately from Web Output skins. A skin for VR can be added in the Web Output properties under VR. The folder location of the VR skins can be changed in Pano2VR’s settings.
- Customize autobackup intervals
- ★ Create multilingual projects using the translation tools in the Project and Skin Editor
- ★ Rich Text Editors added to all expandable text fields
- Change the color of the Grid Lines in the Viewer
- ★ Instead of adding more User Data fields, we added Project Properties. These come in the form of Custom Properties in User Data and Hotspots. These properties are defined as variables that can be called up in the Skin Editor. In the Skin Editor, there will be a table called, Project Properties that will hold all the variables created in the project.
- ★ New placeholders: Hotspot ID
$(hid)and Hotspot Skin ID
$(hSid). So, now you can trigger an action based on a hotspot’s ID or based on a Skin-ID.
- Add Project now includes custom maps and floor plans
★ Local Files added to the Code Element
★ Logic Blocks now have an Additive Mode for multiple expressions in which every expression will be evaluated, and if true, its value will be added or subtracted to the default value of the element.
★ Trigger: Sounds Permitted is used to show/hide a splash screen as it detects if a browser allows the auto-playback of sound
$(start)to open the Start Node
★ Clone Floor Plans, Hotspots, and Translations
★ Accessibility: Tab index and ARIA labels, descriptions, details and role
Set Zoom action for Maps
★ Search in the Skin Editor.
Lazy Loading option added to all Image skin elements that saves bandwidth and prevents the image from loading the moment the tour opens
Trigger: Translations Count
Pinned elements, including the Web Element are found as targets in the Media Actions
Notes section added to the skin
Set Value action now supports a second parameter for external images for adding Alternative Text to an External Image Loader
★ Action: Start Autoplay Media
Rename Modifier 1/tan (FoV) to Zoom
Show/Hide multiple elements in Canvas by selecting them in the Tree and clicking the eye icon
Add placeholders as values for number and string Triggers via the context menu in the table
Trigger: Margin From Edge for Point Hotspots to have the same distance from all edges
Regular Expressions in Hotspot Proxy ID
New option for Maps Element API choice: Auto to auto-detect the map type
Logic Block for Tab Index
Logic Block for CSS Classes
There is now an action to change the z-index of an element. Set Z-Index is found under the Position/Size action.
You can now change the width, radius, and colors of individual borders in the skin
Paging menus is now possible with the Cloner’s new options for direction: Single Row and Single Column. Additionally, a new option, Center in Parent, keeps the cloner centered.
New actions: Mute, Unmute, Toggle Mute
Skin elements that were placed outside of the canvas and are added to a new component will keep their position (rather than being placed at 0,0)
New action: Center Node centers the map around a specific node.
Fractional Zoom for maps using the Leaflet API
iPadOS is now detected using the Is Mobile trigger.
★ New Logic Block Trigger: Has Sounds detects any background sound or pinned sound in a tour, or any pinned video that has volume and if it’s greater than 0, it will be true.
New Logic Block Trigger: Node Count will trigger based on the number nodes in a tour.
Elements in the Tree can be quickly brought to the center of the canvas to find elements faster in a skin with many elements.
Copy and paste Action Filters to other actions
New Logic Block Triggers: Hotspot Player X (%) and Hotspot Player Y (%). Available for hotspot templates and give you the ability to hide and show hotspots at specific locations (like the center).
Skin elements now have a Notes field. The notes will show as a tooltip when hovering over an element in the Tree.
Variables can now be renamed and cut and pasted. You can also find out how and where they are being used in the skin.
★ Variables can now be used in the position and size actions.
★ Find and Replace in the skin.
★ New skin element: PDF. You can now add PDFs to the skin using the skin element.
The playhead of the seekbar can now be sized.
Variables can be copy and pasted.
The Set Value action can now be used with the Seekbar. This will allow you to set the media ID of an element so the Seekbar can be used for multiple elements.
★ Components Toolbox now has more built-in categories and new tabs for icons and Lottie files.
Drag components and icons directly to the Components Toolbox.
New Action: Set Auto Rotate Filter will filter nodes for auto rotation.
Scrollbars added for clipped content in the External Image element
Variables in the Skin Editor can now use Logic Blocks.
External Files in the Skin Editor can now be rearranged.
New Logic Block Trigger: Browser Theme
A skin element’s position can now be set to 0,0 by double-clicking on the direction icons.
Rounded corners for everyone! The Container, Image, Button, SVG, External Image, and Node Image elements now have radius properties to get rounded corners.
★ Support for Lottie animations in the Skin Editor.
To target more than one Polygon Hotspot, use regular expressions in Change Polygon Mode and Change Polygon Color actions.
Elements in the Skin Editor’s Tree can now be highlighted with colors.
New Action: Set Media Speed
Added a Description column to the table-based Cloner. This allows for addressing external images or even adding URLS.
Added more units of measure for the Inner Size of a Scroll Area.
Images in the skin (Button, SVG) can now use icons from the Components Toolbox to replace icons.
Floating point numbers are now supported for skin variables, including variables added to the animation editor and custom properties.
Text in Text Boxes can now be vertically aligned.
New Logic Block Triggers to show and hide maps based on: Tour Has Map, Tour Has Floor Plan, Node on Floor Plan
Show the first map in the project as an option of Maps in Map Element.
New placeholder to display altitude in Feet:
- Point and Polygon hotspots now have expandable Text Fields for Title and Description
- Pinned media now have movable handles for easier placement and all handles can be moved at once holding down Alt or Option.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for adding blurred patches
- Copy Target lets you copy a specific target view to all tour node hotspots.
- Gaussian Blur has been added as an option for the preview panorama.
- ★ New Point Hotspot Type: PDF. One way to add PDFs is to drag PDF files into the Viewer with Point Hotspot mode turned on. The Skin-ID will automatically be set to
- Pinned Images can now stay hidden until they are clicked on. Available for Pop Out Normal and Pop Out 100% options. This is useful when you want to popout an image of a painting on the wall, but don’t want to necessarily pin the image over the painting.
- You can now customize the colors for directional sound fields in the Viewer Settings
- The video elements in the Viewer and Skin Editor now support time-indexed links from YouTube and Vimeo.
- Pinned Videos now have Pop Back options for how the video behaves when popped back into place.
- ★ Pinned Web Element}}): Pin web content to the panorama, like a YouTube video or web pages
- New Animation actions: Play/Restart Animation and Play/Resume Animation
- ★ Upload directly to the new Gnome Cloud!
- Maps using Google Maps now support 1 finger interaction
- The Integrated Web Server now sports a QR code for easy URL sharing.
- Opt for a smooth hotspot motion in Web Output’s Advanced settings
- Direct Node Access is now enabled by default in the HTML template settings
- ★ The HTML5 Output is now called Web Output.
- There is now a Zoom to Pan before effect for Transitions.
- Easing functions added to logic block transitions and any action that has transitions available.
- Background sound and all of its parameters can now be copied to all tour nodes for when direct node access is being used.
- You can now choose to delete the output folder of the web output, but keep the tiles.
- Horizon Tilt option added in the Autorotation settings which allows you to use the tilt specified in the Default View.
- Autorotation created in the Animation Editor now has an option to randomize the clips in the chosen sequence.
- ★ Live Update in Web Output: Turn Live Update on to have a project’s output automatically update. This applies to changes in the skin editor as well.
- ★ Support for subtitles (SRT files) for video panoramas
- Video output now exports as web optimized
- ★ Track point hotspots in video panoramas
- Keyframes can now be inverted in the Animation Editor.
- ★ Video Panorama clip added to the Animation Editor which provides a way to add captions and animated point hotspots to the video panorama.
- Invert keyframes for reverse playback
- Maps can now be moved with 1 finger on touch devices
- An active pin’s radar indicator now extends to the edge of the map in the Tour Map.
- Limit how far one can move within a map with Set Map Limits. This helps prevent users from losing their spot in the map.
- The color of the Tour Map’s radar can now be changed.
- Nudge Map Pins in the Tour Map using cursor keys
- ★ New automatic linking option: From Current Node which will link from the active node to all other nodes or all selected nodes.
- Support for Multilayered Maps for Google, Mapbox and Custom maps.
- A grid is now available in the Tour Map to help in the placement of map pins. Especially useful for building Street View tours.
- Floor Plans that have PNG as their format now have an option for Crisp Edges.
- Quickly remove links with Alt or Option while in Switch Node in Link Mode in the Tour Map.
- added player functions for setVFov, setHFov, setDFov, and setFovMode
- added a player function to address individual Polygon hotspots and turn on/off the hand cursor
Issues fixed from version 6:
- Move to View speed setting now has a visible difference from 0.1 and 0.01
- Fixed: Transformation output can not make a vertical strip
- Fixed: Menu category items go missing when the first item has scroll bars
- Fixed: Panels not returning back to standard window arrangement with Alt-1
- Altitude can now be displayed in Feet
- Fixed: Pan value for the node image is different to that found in the user data
- Fixed: No pinned video preview image is created with a new project file
- Fixed: Changing PNG floor plan background Alpha causes visible borders in the Map Element
- Fixed: Editing the output folder name caauses a slash to be added if the project is not saved
- Fixed: Very slow loading of the map with cloned map pins with large projects.
- Fixed: Element has wrong lock state in the skins tree
- Fixed: The Seekbar was showing errors for mobile browsers.
- Fixed: Changing leveling values doesn’t change the viewer
- Fixed: Can’t Show Panels with Alt-Tab if Viewer Settings is hidden.
- Fixed: Adding a size logic block to a text box breaks Auto Size
- Fixed: The Change Element size value not changing
- Fixed: Opening a skin element with children while it’s closed results in an empty tree
- Fixed: Output Template directory opens the wrong location
- Fixed: Border width is effecting the position of the text box inside a container
- Fixed: Numbered logic block can not use the full stop/period
- Fixed: Logic block resizing a text box still shows original size is still active and covers the panorama
- Fixed: Default skin style sheet breaks line spacing
- Fixed an issue with transitions of a position logic block
- Fixed: Inconsistent units between scaling units and the logic block units
- Fixed: All file input fields to use URL safe characters
Issues fixed from beta 6:
- Fixed: Cardboard stare pointer not visible on iOS
- Fixed: Skin Editor being sent behind Pano2VR the window
- Fixed: Firefox memory leak with flat image and autorotate
- Fixed: Hotspot Titles in Built-in Skins are blurry
- Fixed: Button states do not show alt text
- Fixed: Hotspot Titles missing from GGKPG output
- Fixed: Cannot select multiple elements in List View with mouse
- Fixed: Tour Node Polygon Hotspots using the last target when setting a new polygon
- Fixed: Additive logic block changing the X & Y position setting of a child element.
- Fixed: Pinned Images/Videos preview files and mask files missing in support package
- Fixed: Wait for preview track option in transition is preventing a node change to a flat image