Upload to Gnome Cloud
The Gnome Cloud is a service we provide that you can use to host your projects. Upload a project to the cloud from the Web Output.
Those who have a Version 7 license are granted a 90-day trial that can be started at any time.
If you’ve purchased your license directly from ggnome.com, you already have an account. Note, this is not the same login you use for the Forum. If you’ve never logged in before, use the Lost Password link to create a password. If you received your license via a voucher or coupon, then you have already created your account.
- Log in to your account on ggnome.com. Use the email address associated with your license. If you’ve forgotten your password, or never logged in before, use the “Lost my password” link.
- Go to License Keys.
- Click cloud trial.
- Enter your purchase details and then hit Subscribe. You won’t be charged until 90 days later and you can cancel anytime. To manage the subscription, go to Subscriptions in the left-side menu. Don’t log out yet because next we’ll upload a project!
If you purchased from a reseller and got a license key (instead of a voucher), you will need to create an account and start your trial:
- Go to https://ggnome.com/my-account/.
- Add your email address and click Register. An email will be sent with a link to create (reset) a password.
- Add a password and log in.
- Now, open Pano2VR and add a Web Output.
- Click the Upload button. Choose the Web Browser as the login method.
- In the next dialog, click Start Trial.
Now that you’re logged in to Gnome Cloud, it’s time to upload a project!
Before uploading, check that external media is added to Assets. This is found in the Web Output Properties, under Advanced.
- Open an existing project or create a new project in Pano2VR.
- Click Cloud Browser in the Toolbar and choose Log in.
- Choose Web Browser for the login method. This will open your default browser briefly then switch back to Pano2VR since you are already logged in. If you’re not already logged in, provide your ggnome.com login details.
- Add a Web Output.
- Click the Upload button. If the project has been outputted before, you may be asked if Pano2VR should overwrite the existing folder.
- In the next dialog that appears, select your account. (It is possible to have multiple accounts, so check you’re using the correct account.) Here, you’ll see your storage usage and, if you need more, click the Buy Storage button. If you’ve made changes to your account in the meantime, use the Refresh button to update the dialog.
- Accept the Terms of Garden Gnome’s hosting service.
- Click Upload. This button will not be active until Accept Terms is selected. You’ll see a progress bar dialog next.
Once the upload is complete, the project will automatically open in the default browser with the cloud URL.
Open the Cloud Browser.
Right-click on the project and choose, Share
A dialog will pop up with a few options for sharing your project.
Now, you can copy and share the project’s URL, or copy the embed code to embed into your project, or copy the QR code to add to your website or print media.