By default, Pano2VR and Object2VR both check for updates every 7 days. If the update is incremental, it will download and install it automatically. If it is a major release, it will require a manual download and install.
- A major release/update is an increase in the version number. For example, from 1.0 to 2.0; 2.0 to 3.0, etc.
- Inter-version updates are incremental versions. For example, from 4.0 to 4.0.1.
NOTE: You do not have to uninstall older versions!
Updating to a major release
For all major releases you will need to download and install the new version. Also, all major releases require a new license.
- Download the latest version of Pano2VR by doing one of the following:
- In Pano2VR or Object2VR, go to Help > Check for Updates. Select, Yes, in the dialog that appears. A browser window will open to Garden Gnome Software’s Pano2VR’s download page. Choose your operating system to download.
- Go directly to the download page to download the installer.
- Mac: Open the DMG and drag the Pano2VR or Object2VR logo on to the Applications folder.
- Windows: Open the EXE and follow the installer’s directions.
- Linux: Unzip/extract the tar.gz file. And then follow the instructions provided by one of our users for installing Pano2VR on Ubuntu.
- Open the new version. When it opens it will ask you for a license key.
- Enter your new license key or use the trial version.
NOTE: The trial is fully functional and does not time out. All outputs will have distinct watermarks added to them.
Updating to an incremental release
All incremental updates are free (included with your license) and are simple to install:
- Go to Help > Check for Updates. Select, Yes, in the dialog that appears.
Pano2VR or Object2VR will download the update and will automatically install the new version.
NOTE: If, Check for updates, is selected in the Settings or Preferences, a dialog will pop up on opening alerting you of the update.
- Reopen the software and continue working.