The tree supports a parent-child layering organization. An element treated as a parent will have a child or children that is/are “connected” to it, making it easier to group the elements and move them together in the Editor window. The layering of the elements is like Photoshop; the top most element is the front most layer.
Add an element
Do one of the following to add an element:
- Click on a tool in the toolbar and then click in the Editor. The new element is added to the top of the tree.
- Drop an image into the Editor (canvas). The element is added to the top of the tree.
- In the menu, go to Elements and choose the element type, then click in the editor. The new element is added to the top of the tree.
Each new element is automatically added to the top of the tree. Rearrange the elements by dragging them within the tree.
Make an element a parent
To make an element a parent in the Tree, do one of the following:
- Drag the element until a thick black line appears, then drop.
- With no other element selected, drag a file into an empty space in the Editor.
Make an element a child
Make an element a child by doing one of the following:
- Drag and drop the element onto the parent element in either the Tree or Editor.
- Right-click an element, choose cut or copy. Right-click the parent element and choose Paste Element.
Hide or lock an element in the Editor
- Click the eye on the left of the element to hide it in the editor.
◊ NOTE: To make an element invisible, you must deselect Visible in it’s properties.
See also: HTML5 Skin Editor and Active Containers
- Alt-Click on the eye to lock the element.
Edit an element
To edit an element:
- Right-click on any element to Cut, Copy, Paste and Lock the element.
◊ TIP: You can also right-click on the actions or modifiers, copy, and then paste them to an element.
Resize or condense the Tree
To resize or condense the Tree, do any of the following:
- Resize or collapse the Tree by clicking the triangle on the left.
- Use, Compact Tree Mode, to condense the tree.
Select more than one element
Select elements in the Tree by doing one of the following:
- Click first/active element + hold Shift and click last element (Mac and PC) to select a range.
- Control + click (PC) – to select individually
- Command + click (Mac) – to select individually
Add sound files
Add sound files by do one of the following:
- Drag the sound file to the empty area of the tree.
- Right-click in the empty area and choose Add Sound.
- In the menu, choose Elements > Add Sound….
◊ NOTE: Only MP3 files can be added to the skin. If using a file other than MP3, you can externally call the sound file or use the Media Editor.
Editor (Skin Editor)
Properties (Skin Editor)
Media Editor (Pano2VR)
The Interface (Skin Editor)
Using the Skin Editor
All tutorials for the Skin Editor
|Previous: Skin Editor Interface Introduction||Next: Learn about the Editor|