This beta took an unusually long time to get released but I hope it was worth it. This beta is now (almost) feature complete and there will not be any new major additions to Pano2VR 3.0. The new features for beta2 are:
- Transitions between panoramas in virtual tours
- Flash files within the skin
- External images and SWFs within a skin (Youtube, etc.)
You can see some of those new features in this virtual tour.
In addition to that, a lot of areas have been improved and a lot of bugs have been fixed. I just want to highlight a few:
- Flash multi res: Now pixel perfect tile alignment and adjustable bias for level switching
- Regular expressions to address multiple skin elements
- Clean up of the Flash settings
- HTML5: Flash fallback in the HTML template
- HTML5: A lot of bug fixes in the player and skin
- Switch to Qt 4.7.0 so a lot of annoying GUI bugs on the Mac should be solved
To better organize the future developments we now use a new bug tracking system and we decided to make it public. So in the future you can just a have look at http://ggnome.com/bt and you can see all the changes between releases and you can also see what we are up to.
Finally I like to thank Martin (aka Hopki) for his great help in the last weeks. We are really happy to have him on the team.
To download Pano2VR 3.0 beta2 please visit the Pano2VR download page.