Are you satisfied with Developer Support?

Q&A about the latest versions
Ulli

I am aware of the fact that this is a critical question, but due to the fact that I am new to Pano2VR 5.01, paid full version of 300€ and feel myself quite left alone up to the help of other user (who are really helpfull!). Is it normal tha saving a several hours work leeds to data loss when opening a saved project?

Having a look at the nice done video tutorials made me buy (not cracking, not hacking) the software. Are there basic informations missing within the turorials, not saying: Don´t use capital letters in filenames, folders, nor spaces between letters, and only export to folders keeping all that in mind?

Curious about your opinions. Or am I just a bloody rookie?
Svendus

I understand that you are disappointed
Martin Hopkins (Hopki)
have been away, and are now gone down with a bad cold.
he will be back, send him a E-Mail and he will answer back.

http://ggnome.com/faq/getting%20help
Don´t use capital letters in filenames, folders, nor spaces between letters, and only export to folders keeping all that in mind?
That is correct but i think it will take another hundred years to learn practising that.
Image Image
Boothy

Hi Ulli

As per Svedus`s comments I think its a combination of bad timing and you being a rookie. The support from Hopki on this forum is usually second to none. I have even known Martin to personally phone to identify bugs - I have never known any other support like that from a forum ! Also if really urgent I have found contacting directly rather than blog post always usually has a response same day. Other forum members contribute when able but Hopkis the main man and he has been away recently.

Can you list your most urgent queries so other members may be able to help ?

Best Wishes

Boothy
M. Kräckmann

Well, I am somewhere in between...

I think the support via this forum varies between good and excellent. For me this is a forum like any other vendor forum, i.e. to share ideas, report potential issues, ask for solutions, etc.

Hopki is doing a great job in answering nearly all questions in a timely manner.

However, if it comes to the Software itself and although it is very flexible, has a long list of very useful functions, there are some pitfalls and things "you just need to know" which in my opinion, could and should be dealt with by the software itself.

A good example was already mentioned by Ulli:
Don´t use capital letters in filenames, folders, nor spaces between letters, and only export to folders keeping all that in mind?
99,9% of all Panos will sooner or later be hosted on a UX server, correct? So special characters, uppercase, etc. in filenames could and should be converted or prohibited by the software... This would protect novice users of testing the pano in the Win-Environment and only later find out the issues when the client has uploaded the Pano to their prod server.

I believe the devs should focus more on the end users which are mainly photographers and not IT-Experts. Maybe a novice / expert mode switch could help...

As a positive side effect, this would probably reduce the number of queries in this forum and give Hopki some relief :wink:

Just my 2 cents

Cheers,
Matthias
DaveM

I have posted bug notices numerous times and have NEVER received so much as an acknowledgement from the Pano2VR staff. Not even, "Thank you for your comment, etc."
Svendus

DaveM wrote:I have posted bug notices numerous times and have NEVER received so much as an acknowledgement from the Pano2VR staff. Not even, "Thank you for your comment, etc."
Sorry DaveM
a quick search in your Total posts: 27 | Search user’s posts
i docent find this problem :?:
Image Image
Boothy

Hi Davem

Have you tried emailing to support rather than posting on forum, much more direct approach and will not get lost amongst other threads. I have never failed to get a response.

Boothy
Svendus

Have you tried emailing to support rather than posting on forum
Yes E-mail works great
But if you sent questions as a PM
You have to wait quite a long time
i docent know why but the Pano2VR staff do to my knowledge not read PM regularly :cry:
Image Image