Floating tooltip misalignment

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
jare

There is a problem with scalled text field. I have done a tour with floating tooltips, everything was ok in both flash and html5 output. Then my customer asked me to blow up the tooltips a little. This was done by setting the textfield (tooltip) scale to 1.3/1.3, anchor centre bottom.
Works great in flash but in html5 the tooltips are shifted. Is this a bug?
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (194.76 KiB) Viewed 2588 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jare,
The tool tip should be anchored top left?
Then you shift the text box half its width to the left to get the pointer in the middle then up to get the pointer underneath.
Example: a 100 x 20 text box I would position -50 x -50. This puts it above the pointer by 30px as the text box is 20 and the default start position is top left. Then the pointer will be in the middle as -50 is half of 100.

If you adjust the scale then you need to adjust the factor: Example a text box size 100 x 20, then scaled to 2.00 x 2.00 would need a factor of 0.5.
So the factor is correct with original size, scale up and you scale up the movement by the same amount, hence why you now need to half the factor.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jare

Hi Martin,
thanks for the hint with factor, I did not know about it. Now my problem is resolved.
But it is strange that the text box behaves one way in flash and other way in html5.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jare,
Yeah, this is the differences between Flash and HTML5.
Put a rectangle in the middle of a skin and anchor top left.
You'll see the difference in the Flash and HTML5 outputs.
Regards,
Martin
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/