Radar vs. Changeable Floorplans

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
IRPatron

Hi. I'm new to Pano2VR Pro, and am in the process of making my first skin. I'm working on a 20 Node tour. I've been able to fix many of my problems by searching the forum. There's still some things I haven't been able to work out.

I'm attaching a small video to explain the following issue (the one that worries me the most) :)

I've got 3 floor plans, each with at least 5 nodes. I've managed to make the radar appear on top of each node when it's active, get it in the right spot, etc. If you were on the first floor of the tour for example, and you "travel" to the 2nd floor via hotspots, the map would automatically change to display the correct floor (the one where the active node is), and the radar would display in the correct place as well.

Here is where the problem starts: under the floor plan, i've got 3 buttons, one for each floor. I've mapped them so that for example if you're in floor 1, you can show the image of floor 2 or 3 by pressing each floor's button. This will hide the other floor maps and only display the correct one etc. The thing is that if you are in floor 1 of the tour, for example, the radar would be displayed on the active node and everything's fine, then you click on the button for Floor 2, the image changes but the radar stays where the active node in floor one is... I'd like for the radar to disappear when you're looking at a different floor from the one with the active node, but also, if you return (with the button "1") to the first floor.. i'd like for the radar to re-appear on the active node... (so it's probably not an option to use hide element??).

Another part of the problem, is that for example.. you're on floor 1 with your active node on etc.. then you press button 2, the image changes for floor 2... the radar is still displaying (that's the previous problem), and if I click on a hotspot on the main screen and go to another node in the first floor.. the map doesn't pick that up and stays displaying floor 2, but the radar does move and is visible.

Sorry for the extreme explanation, hope you can help.
All the best,
IRPC

*** If you saw in the video, another one of my problems is that the TEXT that should appear in the textboxes under each node marker in the map, appears in black. I haven't been able to figure out WHY... it works very well on the hotspots but not on the map and it's a little confusing.

*** My last problem is that I haven't figured out how to make a sound track START on the beginning without using the "loaded" action. The thing is that when I use the loaded action, and turn the audio off with my controller button... if I click on another hotspot/node, it will play the music again once it loads the new "node". I've tried the 'Init' action but doesn't seem to work... My other option was having the music NOT START, but that the user can start it with the button, but It would be nicer that it automatically starts, and one you want to turn it off.. it'll not start again with each new node activated.
Attachments
IMG_6849.MOV
(4.03 MiB) Downloaded 3213 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please see this post: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... =17&t=8089
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
IRPatron

Hopki,

Thank you so much. The link was very useful! It took me some time to figure everything out but little by little I finally did manage :)

There's just two things I haven't been able to fix that I'd be grateful if you could guide me:

1. How do you make a song play when the tour begins? (I've loaded it on the skin, I've got a button to stop & play, and have tried various actions for it. "Init" doesn't seem to do anything, and "loaded" works fine.. the problem is that if I stop the music and then go to another node/hs, the songs starts again).

2. Radar beam fade in for both hotspots and node markers. I know you've uploaded a tutorial for this and that's how I got it to work for the hotspots (works nicely). I've done the same on the markertemplate but it doesn't work. Maybe I need to make it for every node on the tour??

Thank you again for your help!

Iñigo
360Texas

Up to now we do not use audio or sounds. But I think the delay value is -1 [ minus sign 1 ] to immediately start the sound.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
Use the Media Editor to load the sound not the skin.
Give it an ID in the media editor and then use the media play/stop actions in the skin to play it using the ID of the sound clip.
Sound in the skin should only be used for button clicks etc as this will bloat out the skin.
In fact since the media editor you are advised to put all media in there and not the skin.

As far as beam fading in and out, I think I showed this working using node markers, will have to check.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/