Batching

Q&A about the latest versions
aaronspence

G'day Thomas,

It would be great to get batching working well in P2Vr. The droplet function works well for small amounts of panos, but I need to batch 100's or 1000's of images at a time.

In XP I can batch about 30 files at a time, the droplet will accept no more, on Vista 64 it is only 2.

A batch function that allows the user to specify a folder of files to batch & a p2vr project to use would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Aaron.

BTW: I'm looking forward to trying out the new .xml functions are they ready now & is there a reference for the .xml functions?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hmm.... the best way to work around those limitations should be to write a simple batch file like:

File process.cmd:

Code: Select all

@echo off
for %%i in (*.tif) do "C:\Pano2VR\Pano2VR.exe" -x -t "c:\templ.p2vr" %%i
echo ***** Done! *********
pause
but processing folders if they are submitted on the command line sounds like a good idea. I will look into this for the next beta.

The XML feature is already working (you can create a skin, add hotspots, change the preloader,... within HTML!) but not documented... I hope I can do this in the next few days.
MfG, Thomas
aaronspence

Thanks Thomas, I think you've mentioned that to me before, this time I'll see if I can get it working.

Aaron.