HELP..... No HTML5 icons

Q&A about the latest versions
IHumes

Ok I give up.... I cant see why this isn't working and its driving me mad.

I create and test the panos locally and then move them into my local version of the website before uploading, well thats the plan anyway.

The creation directory mimics the website so there shouldnt be any pathing issues and looks as follows

>pages (html web pages)
>pages/js (java script directory)
>pages/vrpano/pano1 (directory for the swf and xml files)
>pages/vrpano/pano1/images (cubefaces and icon images)

I was planning on moving the pano2vr_player.js, and swfobjects.js from the pages directory to the js directory and moving the skin.js to the pano1 directory until this problem appeared. So currently they are where they were created in the pages directory. I have the p2vr file in the pages directory so as to make the pathing as simple and short as possible.

I have set the html5 to fall back to the flash version in the html5 output (not currently set to "prefer flash if available" to enable testing). If I open the html5 output file in IE it shows the flash version, if I open it in firefox it shows the html5 version.

If i move the files and directory structure to the web directory everything works except the icons dont show in firefox. I get the UI, but i dont see any icons if its displaying html5, also tested it on safari and opera and get the same issue. Everything is fine so long as it stays in the creation directory, as soon as i move it i get no icons.

I am really stumped and cant see whats going wrong, need to deliver a 36 pano virtual tour to a customer in the very near future and want to be able to roll out html5 at the same time so really could do with some suggestions.

Best regards

Ian
IHumes

The light dawns.....

the problem was revealed when i deleted the pano1 directory and recreated it from scratch because the images directory had a set of icons in there and i was expecting them to have been created by the last time I ran the routine.... They werent they were a legacy set created ages ago.

In the HTML5 settings tab in the skin/controller section there is the location of the output path which was reading 'images', i used the open button and browsed to the images directory in the pano1 folder, clicked select folder and thought all was ok. However the image path DID NOT update and created an images directory in the root of the pages directory. So when i moved the files there was no images directory in the root to find and the icons didnt show.....

Looks like there may be a bug in the Select Folder routine, make sure that the Image Output Path looks like you expect it to...

and breathe.....

sometimes it just helps to write it all out and give your hind brain a chance to chew it over.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

I have a similar problem ...

I generated the HTML5 on my computer in a directory "xyz" and used a "ggsk" template keeping the "Image Output Path" as "images" (the default). This placed the "Skin/Controller" images ("xxxxxxxxx__o.svg"), in a sub-directory "xyz/images".

Everything work great when I opened the html file on my computer.

I then downloaded the files to a subject specific direct on my internet server including the sub-directory "images" containing the "working" image files and the "Skin/Controller" images ("xxxxxxxxx__o.svg").

When I open the HTML from the internet server, the pano opens, using the "working" image files however the "Skin/Controller" images aren't there. I can roll the cursor over where the "Skin/Controller" images should be and I see the "function description" (Zoom In, Zoom Out, etc) and can click on the "Info" location and see the Info box.

I tried putting the "Skin/Controller" images in the main directory with the HTML and .xml files which still didn't work.

What am I missing? Thanks for your help.

Mo
Mo - Vista 64, Canon, CorelDRAW, Lightroom, PTGui PRO, Pano2VR PRO
smooth

The server they are hosted on needs to the MIME type added.
SVG images should have the mime type image/svg+xml

Link to previous thread

The alternate is to have Pano2VR convert the .svg into .png files at publishing.

Regards, Smooth 8)

Thanks Smooth
Mo - Vista 64, Canon, CorelDRAW, Lightroom, PTGui PRO, Pano2VR PRO