Cursor : inconsitency Flash/HTML5

Q&A about the latest versions
AlainC

I use hotspots for 2 purposes : links or informative tooltips, in flash the user can know he can click on hotspot because the cursor is different whether there is an URL Image or not Image, but in HTML5 the cursor is always a hand. Using CCS hover properties could you assign different cursors like in flash ?
AlainC

I paid the upgrade to Pno2VR 4, can this help to get an answer ? :wink:
AlainC

Is anybody in ?
Judy-A

There are many, many differences between Flash panos and HTML 5 panos, cursors being the least of them.

Flash allows you to use custom cursors.
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Cur ... Pano2VR%29

As far as I can see, and for the time being, you’re stuck with the HTML 5 standard cursors.

I suggest you use a custom image attached to your hotspots. On the skin, set up a hotspot with ID ‘link’ and one with ID ‘info’. For each make an image a child of the hotspot.

In the hotspot editor, give all URL hotspots a Skin ID of ‘link’ and all information hotspots a Skin ID of ‘info’. The appropriate image will display when the hotspot displays.

Judy
AlainC

Thanks for trying to help, but :
1) I don't use custom cursors for Flash
2) I try to use polygon hotspots introduced with Pano2VR 4, It's a matter of cursor, not displaying an image which works only with point hotspots
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I came up with a skin that uses two png files that show when you hover over a poly, one shows web link the other shows information.
Wii also work with point hotspots and area hotspots too.
It does not change the cursor but puts the icon above it. Works just as well in Flash as in HTML5 and with HTML5 Flash fullback player.
In the attached project the area to the left or where it says Image 01 is the web link and to the right of it is the information hotspot.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
AlainC.zip
(274.74 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
AlainC

Thanks a lot for building this sample, I will analyze it to understand how it works. However it's quite ugly, like having 2 cursors simultaneously, I hope the gnome could implement a clean solution with CSS hover cursor.