Prefer Flash Checkbox on?

Q&A about the latest versions
chinchaufklinke

Hello,
does it make adifference if I use FLash with HTML5 fallback, or HTML5 with Flash fallback.
Thanks for your opinion
Michael
smooth

Yes, it does.

Basically it worked like this:

If you set as HTML5 with Flash fallback. If the browser is HTML5 compatible it will open in HTML5 and if not, it will open the Flash version (assuming Flash is installed/enabled).
If you set as Flash with HTML5 fallback. If the browser has Flash installed it will open Flash, if Flash is not available and "if" the browser is HTML5 compatible it will then open the HTML5 version.

Obviously the second is the superior version (unless) you are targeting mobile devices like iPhone, iPad and the like.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Affendy

Hi, when I checked prefer Flash, I get a "flash player" window to view my panos but not a HTML window and everything is so slow compared to my panos compiled on Pano2VR 3 with Flash output only.
Any idea why this is so ?
TIA
360Texas

Hi James,

I understand your comment about HTML5 with Flash fallback.

Would you please elaborate a bit more on your comment regarding where you would identify HTML5 fallback.

"If you set as Flash with HTML5 fallback. If the browser has Flash installed it will open Flash, if Flash is not available and "if" the browser is HTML5 compatible it will then open the HTML5 version"

AND yes, I have been trying different combinations where I could do an HTML5 fallback in the Flash OUtput since you wrote your comment and now just need to ask this question.

Trial examples
---
Flash output [settings]
Output filename output\proradar.swf
=
[in settings HTML Tab]
Template -> which one do you recommend ?
flash_html5_fullscreen.ggt
fullscreen.ggt
fullscreen_iDevices_swf-fallback.ggt
normal.ggt

=
Output file = output\proradar.html
------
Working with LOCAL and IE9, Chrome23, Safari 5.1.7, FF 16.02

We are using 4b3 with tour browser.

As a side note we have discovered that for a 6 pano tour... we only need 1 HTML5 and 1 FLASH Output box. Seems once these two are set.... Pano2vr already knows to create a final tour with all 6 html5 and flash panoramas.

Which is great not having to create both HTML5 and FLASH Outputs for each 6 panoramas.

Just when you have time... would appreciate a reply to how to create a Flash output with an html5 fallback.

Thanks
Dave
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dave,
In answer to your first question, its controlled by the one check box in the HTML5 outputs HTML Template:

Prefer Flash unselected = HTML5 with fallback to Flash
Prefer Flash selected = Flash with fallback to HTML5

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Thanks, got it

[in settings HTML Tab]
Template ->
flash_html5_fullscreen.ggt deleted
fullscreen.ggt default
fullscreen_iDevices_swf-fallback.ggt deleted
normal.ggt default

Seems that I inadvertantly added those along time ago on the suggestion in another thread.

---------- Good explanation suitable for adding to the Pano2vr Tips and User Guides documentation --
its controlled by the one check box in the HTML5 outputs HTML Template:

Prefer Flash unselected = HTML5 with fallback to Flash
Prefer Flash selected = Flash with fallback to HTML5

Martin thank you for your help today.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com