Muliresolution pano on Mobile devices using Flash

Q&A about the latest versions
JimWatters

I just discovered that my web site that I created to handle multiresolution panoramas so they can be displayed on many devices are not working on many Android tablets.

It works fine on my Phone - Galaxy S running Froyo, and Tablet - Asus Transformer Prime running IceCreamSandwich.

I was in the store to purchase the Transformer Prime and tested my panos on the various devices to compare performance.
But many of the tablets I tried in the store would either not show the pano - just a white screen, or would later crash either Flash or the browser. Most of these were running HoneyComb.

The Transformer Prime was not available in store and I ordered it and it arrived today. I thought that when it arrived I would figure out what was causing the problems. But it is working.

http://photocreations.ca/camp

For multiresolution I use these settings and end up with tiles that are 512 pixels square for three levels of detail.
I end up with tiles that are 512 pixels square with three levels of detail.
I end up with tiles that are 512 pixels square with three levels of detail.
multiresolution.png (45.23 KiB) Viewed 3654 times
Any idea if some better settings would help? Is it a memory issue on these devices? How to reduce the memory footprint?

Thank you
Jim
calzie

Hi Jim

I was having the same problems as you getting the Flash panoramas to work on mobiles, I gave up on the Flash multiresolution tab and went for different Flash swf files for the different screen sizes, have a read at this thread:

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... f=6&t=7018

The multi swf flash can be seen here:

http://www.360urbex.com/testTemp/cableC ... 6000c.html
Note this defaults to HTML5 with flash fall back so open in IE for just Flash.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Calzie
360Texas

Hi,

I tried your link for IE on a pc desktop. It did open in Flash. AND it was sized properly for our 25 inch monitor. Probably looks sharp on a small screen mobile.

Now that I can see your panorama the only constructive suggestion I would have... try sharpening the image a little bit in your favorite photo editor. Image is too soft [read as slightly blurred]. Left pix was sharpened in Photoshop. Right pix was a screen capture while viewing your panorama.

I suspect your current image is only used for working out the panorama delivery techniques. Probably the real final image you plan to use on your website will be sharper.
Attachments
comparision
comparision
sharper.jpg (70.96 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
calzie

Hi 360Texas

Thank you for you comments and I can see the difference, the original jpg, made by PTgui is 10700x5350 and very sharp and clear.
This was resized, in photoshop to 6000x3000 to match the max tile size of 1500 I wanted to use in Pano2VR.

I will look into sharpening the 6000x3000 and try making the panorama again.

Cheers

Calzie