Custom cursor problem

Q&A about the latest versions
sfkhooper

I have an Object2VR instance inside a CS4 AS3 project. The Object2VR .swf was published in Flash 9 format. The problem is that whenever I use a custom cursor, it appears behind the Object2VR instance, that is it apears normally across the movie until it hits the Object2VR, where the cursor disappears behind. A custom cursor is critical to my application because users must select a medical tool from a palette and then click of various points within the Object2VR with that tool to proceed through an exercise. The custom cursor is a movie object on the topmost layer with the instance name "myCursor_mc" and is instantiated thusly:

Code: Select all

stage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE, redrawCursor); 
stage.addEventListener(Event.MOUSE_LEAVE, hideCursor); 
Mouse.hide(); 

function redrawCursor (event:MouseEvent):void { 
	myCursor_mc.visible = true;
	myCursor_mc.x = event.stageX; 
	myCursor_mc.y = event.stageY; 
} 

function hideCursor (event:Event):void { 
	myCursor_mc.visible = false; 
} 
How can I get the cursor to display above the Object2VR?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Have you tried to move the cursor movie on top after you have loaded the Object2VR SWF? Object2VR does nothing special so there should not be a reason why this doesn't work.
MfG, Thomas
sfkhooper

Thanks for your reply. I did resolve that issue some time ago but I am in desperate need of your help with a related issue: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... =14&t=4510

I have tried to resolve this by placing a movie layer above the object2vr object and cutting a viewport hole in the full-screen image to see the object2vr below. Tacky, I know, but desperate times call for desperate measures. It hasn't worked. The object 2vr always seems to be at the topmost, inspite of calls to setChildIndex to move it.