Context sensitive button puzzler

Q&A about the latest versions
Matthew Pixels

Hi Folks,

Im still working on the medical object viewer project and I've hit a snag. As I don't want the viewer to loop I need to indicate the the user when they have reached the extents of the rotation. All i need to do is set the rotate button to be grey to indicate it can't be used any more.

My question then is; can you set the state of the flash controller to be visible based on the angle/position of the object?

Here's an image to help explain.

Thanks,
Matthew
smooth

In a Pano2VR format.
You would have to assign an amount of degrees to each click and stack buttons on top of each other to achieve this.
Click once tilt say 10 degrees and then hide button to reveal the next etc.
Quite do-able.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Matthew
Just to add to this, as there is no way of disabling the mouse you will need to add a rectangle with an alpha of .005 covering the image so the viewer can not use their mouse to move the image. Otherwise if the customer does move it with their mouse, this will through out the button sequence.
However the viewer can still use the arrow keys on their keyboard that will also cause a problem.
Humm, I can not think of a good solution for this right now, I will have to have a think.
All the best
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Matthew Pixels

Thanks guys, the stacking idea may be the solution for this one. If there's no obvious way for the flash controls to know what rotation/position the player is currently in then doing a 1 click = rotate x amount may work. Could be a pain to set up though and my introduce errors/bugs by me!

Ill keep investigating too. If you feel having the files would help I can send them to you.

Thanks,
Matt