Creating popups on an object VR

Q&A about the latest versions
digger

Sorry if this is a question that is beaten into the ground. On the samples page there is a blue car example that had hotspots that follow the rotation of the car, and then will open a popup / overlay image when clicked on. Being a total nube I cannot figure out how this was done. I have watched the videos and read the manual, but just can't seem to get my mind wrapped around the tool set well enough to figure this one out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pat Dignan
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi Pat,

That example used multiple view states to show the different paint jobs (or renderings) of the car. This means there are multiple versions of the object VR (one for each color and one for the night scene). The hotspots are used to call these different view states at the current view of the object using the skin editor.

There currently is not a tutorial for working with multiple view states, but it's on the to-do list.

Does that help?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
I cheated Here
I created two sets of images, and then in Photoshop drew the hotspots on one set.
I then used area hotspots to call the images, only in the set of images with the hotspots.

I set the opening set of images without the hotspots. The toggle hotspot button is actually a view state button. This is done by two buttons, one on top of each other with one hidden, so mouse click show view state 1, hide self, show button 2. Mouse click, show view state 0, hide self show button 1.
Hope this helps
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
digger

Thanks guys. I may be in over my head here, but I will try the hidden button trick first.

Questions: does the second view state have to have the same number of images as the first? Could it be just one .png file with a transparent background so that you can still see the original one under it?

Thanks again.

Pat D.
Hopki
Gnome

To my knowledge you need all the images, I think it changes the images not overlay then, but I could be completely wrong, try it, then you can let me know. :lol:
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
digger

Hopki, thanks for your patience with me. You are right, you do need the same number of images in the second state as the first. I did succeed at figuring that out! So I have two states now, and have set up my hotspots on the first state, but can figure out how to make the second state replace the first one when one of the hotspot buttons is clicked on. And for that matter, how to get back to the first state. Is there some code that I need to drop in the URL area?

Thanks for your help.

Pat D.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Pat
Hotspot or button ?
H :)
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

digger wrote:Sorry if this is a question that is beaten into the ground. On the samples page there is a blue car example that had hotspots that follow the rotation of the car, and then will open a popup / overlay image when clicked on. Being a total nube I cannot figure out how this was done. I have watched the videos and read the manual, but just can't seem to get my mind wrapped around the tool set well enough to figure this one out.
This was done with area hotspots and hotspot proxies in the skin for the popup images. You can watch the hotspot proxy tutorials for Pano2VR to get the idea. The principals are the same for Pano2VR and Object2VR.
MfG, Thomas
ramirox3

Hi Hopki

I am currently trying again object2VR with intent to license it, as not used it since Pano2QTVR
I carefully read your contribution but I still have difficulty understanding how I manage the two sets of images to achieve the result you had with your robot, but could you clarify this or would be possible to know the skin?
has been difficult for me to understand the function of area hotspot
This is what I have achieved so far and based on Pano2VR

http://www.ciudadcubica.com/escultura/

Thanks in advance
Ramiro
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ramiro

You can use one set of images and have area hotspots, the down side is that viewers will not know that there are hotspots in the image until they mouse over the area. You can then pop up a graphic or some text telling them to click to show more information.

The robot with visible hotspots was made with view states, you have to copy your images and add the hotspot images manually to one set.

You then use the view states to switch between the two sets of images. I would also look at the amount of images you will be using, 20 should be ok as you will end up loading 40, two sets of 20.

Please PM or e-mail me for further information.
Kind regards
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com