polygon hotspot not working in VR

Q&A about the latest versions
GJeoffreys

Hi

I'm new to Pano2VR, have tried searching, but not found a solution.

I am building a click through tour for a client, and they will be presenting it in a Quest 2.
It is all 3D rendered stereo, and the images have rendered in "floating" info panels with selection buttons for navigating to different scenes.
I have used the polygon hotpot to make the rendered buttons active. I have used silhouette_v6 as my output skin.
Works fine in the browser, until I try VR mode in the Quest, then the hotspots do not work so I cannot navigate.
I did try it in VR Tourviewer as well. It seems to work in there, but when going between the scenes it fades to black and the panoramas align to the new head position, instead of respecting the original position of the headset (if that makes sense).

I did try making the buttons just custom image hotspots, but it seems impossible to place them correctly in the 3d space with the rendered floating info panels. Because those are not n true 3D space. (I also thought to try making the info panels custom image hotspots with no destination, but it seems they cannot overlap as the panels wouldn't render in the output)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Gavin.