Timer functionality

Q&A about the latest versions
Frank

Hi,

currently I'm trying to understand the Timer functionality. I already searched the forum, the webinars on youtube and the documentation page. Maybe it would be topic for a new webinar which describes the possibilities of the Timer.

My idea is, that an arrow.svg would change its position (3 positions, then a hotspot should be visible) every x.x seconds after it initially showed up at its first position also a certain amount of time after a mouseclick on a button. I can't figure out how to make use of the timer to realise my idea.

regards Frank
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
I cannot say I full understand what you are asking but if you want a series of events then use the timer with a number variable.
So the timer would have an action like, Deactivate, Set Variable Value, +1 to your numbered variable.
If you need four events, then set a second action, Deactivate, Set Variable Value, Mod(%), 5.
With each Deactivation the variable value will count up by 1, so starting with 0, it will go to 1 then 2 and so on.
It will then go to 4, then as it goes to 5, it won't, it will go back to 0.
So it will count 0 to 4.
An arrow can then have a positron logic block that uses the numbers to change it position.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/