City bus routes

Q&A about the latest versions
anjo

Hello,
I'm quite encouraged, because I'm seeing that by searching and with your help I can resolve the difficulties. Therefore, apologizing for asking so much, I would like to ask you if there is or can be applied a functionality, which would give a great added value to a project.

Do you know if there is a way to mark one or several routes in a node? In other words, for example, I would like to incorporate city bus routes into a project, is this possible?

As always, many thanks :)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Anjo,
The answer will be yes, you can do this, but how should this work from a "viewers" point of view?
Will you always start from the same node, but then depending on the rout selected only see the hotspots to navigate the selected route?
Or would you want hotspots with colours, so the viewer can follow one coloured route.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
anjo

Hello, thank you :)

I would like to do the colored routes, I'm not sure I understand the proposed options.
What I would like is to mark the route. The basic idea would be lines following the streets.

I've been trying to paint lines first and then arrows, in PSD patches, but it doesn't work... It doesn't look elegant at all.

Is there any sample of any solution to needs for the style? How could I do that?

Thank you so much :)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Have a look at the attached project.
Its using three Hotspot Templates, Red, Green and Blue.
It is using a numbered variable to select which route you will take.
Have a look, pull it apart, and happy to answer any questions.
Regards,
Attachments
project.zip
(56.83 KiB) Downloaded 1936 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
anjo

Thank you very much for the support.

If I understand correctly, the solution would be to create a specific type of hotspot to mark the routes by putting many consecutive hotspots...
Ok, I'll try that.

It will be cumbersome, but it can work, and look stylish.

Thank you very much for all your attention :)
anjo

Hello :)

Here is the first test of the routes, putting them is quite entertaining, but I think it turned out well enough :)
Any opinion (and also criticism) will be appreciated.

https://www.manresa360.com/natura-modernisme/

Thank you so much.
360Texas

Like the route colors and after I zoomed IN the nodes were easy to separate. Liked the aerial pano's.

As an international visiting your site. Your site might need to be geographically located .... on your site text reads in England, Germany, Italy .... where?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
anjo

I plan to add translations when I've made more progress with the skin system, but I hadn't thought about geolocating the tour. You're absolutely right, that's a great idea, I'll add the map too.

Manresa is in Catalonia, 60 km from Barcelona.

Images are enlarged (200%) with Luminar NEO. The improvement is spectacular, even though i can't improve the colors with the AI of this software, because then the ends of the photos have too different shades, so it's very noticeable where the image ends, and it doesn't look good.

At this moment what bothers me the most is that the stitching has some errors, but I haven't found any software to link the photographs that does it better than the drone itself, and in urban panoramas it's even worse. Do you know of a tool that does it better?

Thank you very much
360Texas

OK now I know where you are locate (used Google Earth)
Our family and I worked in Saudi Arabia. Several years we stopped over in Madrid or Barcelona and visited Sitges for a week holiday.

Point of interest. I find your drone images are flawless. Your tripod panoramas same No stitching issues.
Would you please point me to your image that have edge color mismatches. I can't find any.

Future images that you have stitching issues.. here are a couple technical references that might help.

Stitching issues: To reduce stitching issues requires your camera /fisheye lens and panorama head . We use a Canon 5d full 35mm frame, Sigma 8mm full circle lens and a Nodal Ninja R1 panorama head. Then we calibrated the NO PARALLAX point. We take 4 image at 90° and with Photoshop we 'White Balance' 4 images then stitch with PTui software to create output to 8000 x 4000 pix equirectangular .TIF

If your camera/lens panorama head is not calibrated to remove the Parallax point it is difficult to get the images to align properly because the images are taken offset improperly. Try skipping the advertising... and get to the technology a .pdf and a youtube pod cast that explains calibrations.

https://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/Find ... ve-NPP.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-qyw2Jpack

Other than that... your project is a great tour set. Thanks for the show and tell.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
anjo

Thank you very much Dave,
I have been working since yesterday morning to solve this issue, and I have seen that the issue is on the software that incorporates the drone to do the stitching, with other programs such as PTgui, ICE, and Autopano (which since the company stop working, it's allowed to download and use for free ), I also tried Hugin but it didn't work, I just get a collage of images that doesn't make any sense.

In the ones that work, the images are much better aligned (and bigger! much better quality), but there is always some drawback, the most common one being that the raw images have to be processed beforehand (my knowledge of photography is very basic, and now i am studying this). If I don't work with previously revealed photos, when stitching the panoramas, there are alternating lighter and darker bands, which spoil the panorama.

Besides, depending on the program, for example ICS (free, from Microsoft) the size of the resulting panorama is ridiculously small (2000x4000px), PTgui is very expensive for the task it does, and Autopano, I don't know what problem it has with the skies, which instead of doing the full panorama, it leaves a piece of the image at the top like a mushroom, leaving the rest of the top empty.

Here are some samples of the typical errors I'm trying to solve:

Roads, railways or other routes that are broken:
https://www.manresa360.com/natura-moder ... 92,39.82,4
https://www.manresa360.com/natura-moder ... .6,38.15,4

Content that is duplicated:
https://www.manresa360.com/natura-moder ... 64,44.59,4

Thank you very much for your interest and support. :)
Hana

anjo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:34 pm Hello,
I'm quite encouraged, because I'm seeing that by searching and with your help I can resolve the difficulties. Therefore, apologizing for asking so much, I would like to ask you if there is or can be applied a functionality, which would give a great added value to a project.

Do you know if there is a way to mark one or several routes in a node? In other words, for example, I would like to incorporate city bus routes into a project, is this possible?

As always, many thanks :)
Absolutely! You can enhance your project significantly by incorporating city bus routes. In your node, implement a functionality that allows users to mark and visualize one or several routes. This feature can add great value, making navigation and information about city bus routes easily accessible.