get total nodes and sequential number of node?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
deedee123

Hi,
is there any quick way to get the total number of nodes in a project, and a sequential number (the nodes in the order they are dragged in the tour browser)?

the idea is to make a "slide X out of Y (total)" indicator showing in the skin, which automatically adjusts when i re-arrange or delete a node in the project.

I know thumbnails in a cloner are shown sequentially, so i hope that number i somehow can fetch.
Best,
David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
You can use a cloner and text box using the %(cnodecount) placeholder.
Please see the attached skin.
Regards,
Attachments
skin.ggsk
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

Hi,
Thanks, that's good, but how to get the number (in the sequence) of the current node?
hope that's possible too, because it can be a lot of work to do manually when re-arranging nodes...

David
deedee123

ps i see a placeholder "$(yI)" that according to the description assigns a number following to the tour browser sequence, but that can't be used in the skin, right? or is there some way?

best,
David
deedee123

aha, i slept a night over it, had another look, and adding $(yI) to the -master node custom id- makes the number which can be fetched with "$(ucnode)" in the skin consistent with the tour browser sequence, solved the issue! :)

David