Multilang media objects in skins

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
andreasOS

Hello dear Community and GGNome team,
first of all, great software! We really appreciate the effort you put into this amazing tool!

I really appreciate the rather new functionality of introducing multilang tours.

However, I stumbled across a certain use-case I am not sure if it is just not possible, or if I am doing something wrong.

Normally, If I have an an Image loaded within my tour, I can translate the image path through poedit to change the file path according to the language.

However, I built a complex menu in the skin editor which uses grafics that are too complex to use text and shapes, I just put in fixed images for menu items.

Now, when I export the translations of the skin and open it with poedit, there are no filepaths here?
My question would be, is this just not possible to translate image paths within a skin or do I need some special settings?

I attached Screenshots to be more clear.

Kind regards,
Andreas
Attachments
imageInSkin.JPG
imageInSkin.JPG (78.79 KiB) Viewed 7246 times
poeditSkin.JPG
poeditSkin.JPG (52.56 KiB) Viewed 7246 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you use external image loaders with image file paths from assets, you can use a set vaule action to swop out the images.
We will look at this with the translation file.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
andreasOS

Hi,
very sorry for this slow answer, but can you elaborate a bit further what you mean?

How can I set the image path in an action? Where can I see which path the image currently uses?

Regards,
Andreas
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Andreas,
Since Pano2VR 7.0.4a, was released last Friday, the file path to an external image loader is now exposed in Poedit.
If you use external image loaders for your buttons that pull in the images you want, you can change the path depending on the language.
The best way to do this is to add all the images to assets, then set the path in the loader, for example, assets/zoom_en.png.
Then in Poedit, you will see the path, assets/zoom_en.png, which you can then change to assets/zoom_de.png if your translated language is German.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/