Delay the transitions wile loading the next panorama

Q&A about the latest versions
Mirl0

Hi. Is there any way to delay the transition while loading the next panorama? I want to delay just a second and add an animation to the hotspot so the transition is more fluid. Something like the new Look Around from apple maps.

Regards
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Have a look at this forum post: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13079#p54668
The Hotspot has a delay before opening the next panorama giving it time to turn towards the point hotspot.
But of course, you can modify it so just using the delay.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Mirl0

I going to take a look. Thank you very much.
Mirl0

Hi. I have checked the thread but just want to clarify one thing. When the hotspot has the delay is loading at the same time the next panorama or is just waiting before the transition? Because I need the first, load the next panorama in the background and when is loaded make the transition.

Regards
Branigan

@Hopki if it's easy to write as a component, could you make something that can replace the current hotspots with a simple wait until the next panorama has definitely loaded a full set of tiles (Multi-Res) - or images (Single-Res) - so we don't get the current problems of half fades, fades to black(or white) and bits of the 'cube' showing?

Doesn't have to be the highest res versions of the tiles or images loaded; a mixture of Preview and Full would do, as long as there are no holes, so no need to fade to black (or white).

Time delay could be selectable, but 0.5 - 1 seconds would probably be enough to smooth out what it does currently.

Or if that's too complex: a simple way to just insert a delay after asking for the next panorama to load and before 'handing it off' to the browser - to try and hope that the browser's got what it needs before it starts the transition?
Mirl0

In my case the reason why I want to do the delay is exactly for that. The transition is not smooth I'm having a black frame for just a fraction of a second that breaks the fade. My panoramas are simple Ricoh Z1 in 70 percent quality, nothing too big. My idea is to give half a second doing a small animation of the hotspot and then transition but with the tiles starting to load before. Like this video of the apple's look around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztWDpfll-ao
Branigan

Mirl0 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:48 pm In my case the reason why I want to do the delay is exactly for that. The transition is not smooth I'm having a black frame for just a fraction of a second that breaks the fade. My panoramas are simple Ricoh Z1 in 70 percent quality, nothing too big. My idea is to give half a second doing a small animation of the hotspot and then transition but with the tiles starting to load before. Like this video of the apple's look around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztWDpfll-ao
Likewise. Also as the hotspots just appear 'Boink!' after the images/tiles have finally loaded, I'm right now writing something to fade them up. Going slightly around in circles more than I'd like, as I want the Node change to trigger making the hotspot images transparent, then wait for a while before fading up, so it at least looks like it's doing it on purpose instead of just "Here's a bunch of things, Browser. Just bung 'em on the screen in any old order you like."

If I knew the program better, it's probably quite easy; but at the moment it looks like a slight case of "You can't get there from here". Got it working fairly simply, but because of the variability of the loading delays, it still manages to dump a 50% faded-up hotspot on the screen, then continue the fade up, more often than not. Looks trash.
Branigan

Whether or not we get a simple delay component for the whole panorama, I've bodged together something to make the hotspots fade up here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15233
k.ary.n
Gnome

Whether or not we get a simple delay component for the whole panorama, I've bodged together something to make the hotspots fade up here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15233
You can create the component yourself and share it. You don't have to wait for it.
Mirl0

Back to the topic. It is possible to do a preload of the next panorama with the tools available today? I appreciate a little help here if someone has a clue about this.
Hopki
Gnome

I don't think this will be a V6 feature but V7 will be geared up to do this and much more.
No release date for the first beta for V7 as yet.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Mirl0

Great news. I offer myself as beta a tester if you need help. If there is a mailing list to receive access to early beta please include me. Regards
Branigan

k.ary.n wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:41 pm
You can create the component yourself and share it. You don't have to wait for it.
Do you see the inherit contradiction in your post? :?