Project file created with 6.1.9 doesn't open in 7.0.8 or 7.0.11

Q&A about the latest versions
3DV

I've got a project file created with Pano2VR 6.1.9 that won't open in Pano2VR 7.0.11 (also tried 7.0.8, didn't work either), but it can be opened in Pano2VR 6.1.14. Opening and saving in 6.1.14 still doesn't make it work with 7.0.11.
The file reading halts around 70% and the screen freezes, one CPU thread running at 100%.

I'll send the project file to the support email address.
Any ideas how to fix this?
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Just created a two-node project using 6.1.9 so has Point Hotspots and uses the Silhouette skin.
Created the output and test.
Closed, then opened with 7.0.11. This opens ok.
This was tested on the Mac and Windows, have you tried without the skin?
Just trying to narrow it down.
I have also attached my test project.
Attachments
6_1_9.zip
(22.58 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
3DV

Thanks for the fast reply!
I did the same with a clean project and had no issues, but opening the existing project doesn't work.

I've tried:
- removing the first half of the panoramas from the xml (within the <tour> tag)
- removing the second half of the panoramas from the xml (within the <tour> tag)
Both resulted in the Pano2VR 7.0.11 editor freezing during the 'Reading project' stage.
Ruud van Reenen
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
3DV

Update: one of the major differences I noticed in the XML between 6.1.9 and 7.0.11 is the urlsafecustomimage tag.
For some reason it adds a unique number to each occurrence of a customimage, even if the path is identical.

When I remove the content (filenames) from all the <customimage> tags, the project can be opened with 7.0.11, fast.
But there are 676 hotspots in the project, so reassigning each one with a custom image again is not really an option.

I've done some testing with project files containing 1 up to 7 panoramas of the original project.
These can be opened but opening is slow and opening time seems to increase exponentially when there are more panoramas or hotspots. Hope this helps determining the issue here.
Ruud van Reenen
Hopki
Gnome

Can you send your project to support?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
3DV

I did this morning, will send it again to be sure.
Ruud van Reenen
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Ruud!

Thank you, for reporting this problem. This issue will be fixed in Pano2VR 7.1 beta3.
MfG, Thomas
3DV

Great to hear that! But for now, is there a way to modify the p2vr xml file so it will load with version 7?
Ruud van Reenen
thomas
Chief Gnome

3DV wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:13 pm Great to hear that! But for now, is there a way to modify the p2vr xml file so it will load with version 7?
I have sent you a PM.
MfG, Thomas