Multiple tours stacked with transparency

Q&A about the latest versions
JCummins

I'm a 3D rendering artist and have a question about multiple tours layered.

It's been a while since I've used the software but is there a way to layer tours on top of each other?

So that in a kitchen environment the end user can pick from different decor choices. Such as cabinet colors, countertop colors, floor coverings, etc. so you only have to provide one of each and the base image is maintained.

I see this being done from companies such as DBX https://thebdx.com/interactive-content/. An example is on this page Visualizers / Try out our live demo.

It looks like they are using Pano2VR software, but I can't imagine they are rendering out every conservable option and including it as a separate tour. The combination would be something like - 4 backsplashes x 4 cabinets x 4 countertops x 4 floors x 4 walls = 1024 tours and that isn't al lot of samples to pick from. So I have to believe they're another way.

Is this possible in Pano2VR?

If not do you know what they may be using?

John
Attachments
pano_visualizer.JPG
pano_visualizer.JPG (197.56 KiB) Viewed 166 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John,
The example is using pinned images, you can show and hide pinned images with buttons.
Building a project to show you how to do this would be easier.
To this end can you render out say three panoramas each with different colour cupboard doors etc.
Then send them to support, the e-mail link is below.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JCummins

Hi Hopki,

Thank you for your response.

I can render out three different cabinet images but...

My bigger question is, if I render out images with different cabinets, countertops, backsplashes, and floors all with a transparent background except one main image can I stack them so the end user can switch to any combination?

That is what it looks like the DBX sample is doing.

Otherwise, I would have approximately 1024 different panoramic tours (4 cabinet selection x 4 countertops x 4 backsplashes x 4 floors x 4 wall colors = 1024 combinations).

But, if I can stack them I would only need 21 images (4 cabinet selection + 4 countertops + 4 backsplashes + 4 floors + 4 wall colors = 21 images).

Can this be achieve using "pinned" images?

Regards,
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The example you show is using separate images overlayed on the panorama, if you use the browser error console you will see the separate images.
We do the same thing.
If you add all the panoramas to Pano2VR, you can create a patch that will be used to swap out a cupboard door.
You can then copy the patch to the other nodes, extract the images, and then delete the panoramas that will no longer be required.
You can then use an external image loader pinned to a point hotspot and then change the file path to swap out the images.

This sounds like a cool project, if you want please zip up your equirectangular images and send them to support@ggnome.com with reference to this post.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
k.ary.n
Gnome