Camera for Street View in Pano2VR

japortega

Could anyone kindly provide recommendations on camera equipment suitable for street view photography? I am particularly interested in gear that offers high-resolution imaging capabilities, wide-angle lenses, and durability to withstand the rigors of outdoor environments commonly encountered in street and urban photography. And also that is compatible for Pano2VR tour since it's our primary software to make a Virtual Tour.

Additionally, I am curious about the effectiveness of employing LiDAR scanners in conjunction with traditional photography methods. Are there any notable advantages to utilizing LiDAR technology for tasks such as environmental mapping, data collection, or virtual tours?

Your valuable insights, experiences, and recommendations on these topics would be greatly appreciated as I navigate through the decision-making process for my projects.

Thank you all in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to learning from the expertise and wisdom within this esteemed forum community.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Moved this post to the correct forum, selecting the correct forum will get more eyes on your post from people with the most experience on your subject.
But my 2 pennies' worth would be it depends on the quality you are offering.
Knowing how unreliable Street View tours are I would recommend you build a project that has both the Web and Street View outputs.
We covered this in one of our webinars, here is the LINK.
Also, do you plan to make blue lines?
If so you want a camera with at least 5.7K 360 video.
So something like the Insta 1-inch would probably be better.
If just photos then the Ricoh Z1 or the aforementioned Insta 1-inch.

But if you want to step up the quality then a DSLR or Mirrorless camera would be the best solution, which cameras you actually purchase will be down to preference.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/