PDF File not able to close - need help desperately!

Q&A about the latest versions
DPasdernick

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am working on a Pano2VR version 6 project and I just updated to Pano2VR v7 to add in a PDF file. I know the new skins in 7 support the PDF viewer and I have successfully created a test pano that works with a PDF file. However, when trying to add the PDF components to my existing Pano 6 skin, I can get the PDF hotspot in the scene, am able to click on it and see the PDF, but I can't close the PDF.

The native Pano 7 test I did, creates a hand icon as I mouse off the PDF but my new hybrid version does not do that and no amount of clicking off of the PDF will close it.

I created a component by selecting both the ht_pdf and ht_pdf_popup from the version 7 skin that works.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to solve this without having to go back and start from a v7 skin and rework the entire project.

I am not an expert at HTML or even close but if I am missing a component or an action somewhere I would appreciate any insight.

Thank You,

Darren
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Darren,
Without seeing your skin and how you have made this we can only guess.
But if you open something then you need actions to hide it again.
Have you added a close button?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DPasdernick

Thanks for the response. I've added close buttons on things in the past by mostly toggling their alpha's to ). (I'm sure this is the brute force way)

The default Pano 7 PDF viewer doesn't seem to have a close button per se (no "X" button), you just roll off the PDF and click in the pano and it goes away.

I'm really a dummy when it comes to the scripting end of things. Is there something missing in my new hybrid skin (pano6 with the ht_PDF stuff) that I am missing. Could you show me how to build a close button for the PDF?

Thank You,

Darren
DPasdernick

I fixed it!

I'm like 1000 monkeys with typewriters... eventually you get Shakespeare.
Hopki
Gnome

:lol:
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/