Default View vs. Target View

Q&A about the latest versions
ismarker

Hi,

I have trouble fully understanding how Default View and Target View work together.

First, the Default View (Properties - Viewing Parameters) is easy to understand. I can set it to the view I want a node to show as default. Then comes Target View (Properties - Point Hotspot) and I understand that I can set Target Viewing Parameters to a view I want a node to show when a user clicks on the node icon. Then there is the little Copy target to all point hotspots-button and I think that should set the same view to all nodes, when you click a node icon to that specific node.

What I would like to achieve is all "icon clicks" lead to the exact same view on the specific node.

Anyone care to explain? Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi ismarker,
If you are asking what I think you are asking but could be wrong, to open a node looking in a certain direction.

You can use the North setting in each node, then use the Target "Forward". This will use the North setting to open the node.
For example if you took two panoramas, one day and one night and wanted to open each as close to the same view as possible and both have different starting positions, you would find something common in each panorama, say a door handle, set this as the north, then use the action, Open Next Panorama, Target Forward.

If this is not what you would like please explain from the user's point of view what should happen when you click a hotspot.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ismarker

Thanks Hopki!

You interpreted correctly. I want to achieve what you describe.

However, I would prefer not to use the North function as I already use it to get the panoramas right on the map.

If I understand correctly, I can set Target View to Enter Target, and Default View to whatever direction I want, and then all "clicks on icons" should open the node in my set direction? Is this the correct way? Any problems with that?