Target View set to forward but doesn't seem to work

Q&A about the latest versions
hhuntington2

Hi all, I'm new to Pano2vr and the forum. I've searched prior posts and the documentation and I can't seem to figure this out. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the functionality.
I've created a tour with ~450 notes (a hiking trail). I've set Target View = Forward for all hotspots. I would expect that this would mean that you would get a "forward" view every time I click through to the next hotspot. However, If I pan to the side and click the hotspot, it merely maintains that direction of view of the source node. This causes a problem when there is a turn in the trail. It forces the viewer to adjust the view every time there's a turn. I'd like the view to always face towards the next consecutive hotspot regardless of direction of travel along the trail.
Am I misunderstanding the functionality of "forward"? And, if so, is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do without going through and setting a custom target view for every hotspot (Approximately 900 since each node has two hotspots).

I'm running Pano2vr 7.0.5 on a 2019 iMac with OSX 13.3.1

Thanks for any help, links, or directions. -H
Hopki
Gnome

Hi hhuntington2,
It depends on what type of linking you select.

Automatic Linking Closets Nodes will always open in the direction of travel, not what you want.
Automatic Linking Sequential will open following the hotspots, but you will need to delete the linking hotspot from the last node back to the first if you do not want to be able to jump back. You will also need to set the target to look back at where you came from in the last and first nodes.
See the attached project.
Regards,
Attachments
project.zip
(66.9 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
hhuntington2

Great. Thanks so much. This is what I was looking for.
Is there a way to see in tour editor or properties which type of linking was used?
Thanks again.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
As you have to select this there is no information as to what auto-linking you used.
You can always remove all the links then use Automatic Linking Sequential.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
hhuntington2

Thanks again. This was very helpful and the more I learn about the software, the more I like it.