Any way to group polygon hotspots?

Q&A about the latest versions
jaabdad

I'd like to have multiple polygons grouped together under a single hotspot ID so they all show together if any of the grouped polygons sees a mouseover.

Is this possible using the polygon hotspot tool, or do I have to define multiple polygon hotspots and add logic in the skin?

Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
With Pano2VR 7 you can use a regular expression in the Hotspot Proxy ID box.
For example, if you had Poly01, Poly02, Poly03.

Use #Poly.* to work with any Polygon Hotspot starting with Poly. If you have a Polygon Hotspot with the ID Image01, this would not be included. SO teh group is any that start with Poly.
Or #Poly(0[1,2]) to only work with Poly01 and Poly02.
See teh attched project.
Regards,
Attachments
PolyProject.zip
(13.59 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jaabdad

Thanks! That's helpful.

However, I'm trying to get two or more polygon hotspots to behave as a single polygon hotspot: on mouseover, show all grouped polygons; on mouseclick, do something else, etc.

I do understand using the hotspot ID proxy to trigger, say, a textbox -- what I don't quite get is how to affect the actual hotspots vs having the hotspots trigger something else.
snowlexx

jaabdad

I did figure out how to link 2 poly hotspots to show at once using Actions...

However, I also need to hide a set of poly hotspots until a different set of hotspots has been clicked...

I have 3 categories of poly hotspots: Hazards, Missing, and Tips.
Each category has a variable to count mouse clicks.
What I need to be able to do is something like "hide Missing poly hotspots until frontHaz_ClickCount >= 2" and "hide Tips poly hotspots until frontHaz_ClickCount >=2 AND frontMiss_ClickCount >= 4"

I have tried using MOUSE ENTER in my Missing poly hotspots to evaluate frontHaz_ClickCount and HIDE until the value is >=2 but this does not seem to be working...

Do I maybe need to set up a separate blank node and use that to evaluate variables to hide/show poly hotspot categories?

Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi jaabdad,
Rather than saying how you are doing this, can you describe exactly what needs to happen?
You have said you have three categories Hazards, Missing, and Tips.

So on open what should be visible and what should be hidden?
Then what should be clicked, then what show or hidden.

So explain what the person viewing the tour should do.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jaabdad

I ended up figuring out the show/hide poly hotspots by category. Basically I set all hotspots to ALWAYS HIDDEN then manipulated the visibility using variables that count whether or not the user has clicked on all the hotspots in the first category before showing the second category, etc.