Creating a timeline of images & orthophoto integration?

Q&A about the latest versions
The 3rd Dimension

Hello,

I'm hoping to get some ideas how to accomplish the following...

I work as a Surveyor and fly (UAV) the same sites biweekly or monthly quite often. I use photogrammetry to create a point cloud every time, then upload that months point cloud to a online point cloud viewer where the user gets a link and can cycle through the different dates to see site progression and take measurements/extract data.

I would like to have the first page in the user experience to be a Ortho image (simple jpeg format) with buttons that lead them to the point cloud viewer mentioned above, and also the pano tours but there would be a different button for each date of the pano tour every time I fly the site. Only one button would be required for the point cloud viewer and once they are in there they can toggle dates quite easily.

Any ideas how to accomplish this in the most efficient manner possible? I've seen some work arounds where I would be limited to the amount of epochs one can create. I would prefer not to have a limitation as you never know how long a project may last and wouldn't want to have to remove historical data to make room for new imagery.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
To understand this, you have a point cloud viewer, I assume there is a URL that can call the point cloud viewer and the required date in a browser.
The fact you are posting here means you will open up with a Pano2VR output of the area, then there will be a button to open the point cloud viewer, if this can be in an iframe then you can open this in the player as a popup.

I can only imagine this is similar to what some of our customers do with CGI tour builders.
Pano2VR is used for UAV high-quality panoramas, well anything that requires higher quality or outside images, then there are hotspots that are linked to the CGI tours. This is opened in a popup window within the Pano2VR tour with a close button.

This allows you to go from location to location using Pano2VR as normal, but then open the CGI tour from a hotspot.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
The 3rd Dimension

Hopki wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:23 am Hi,
To understand this, you have a point cloud viewer, I assume there is a URL that can call the point cloud viewer and the required date in a browser.
The fact you are posting here means you will open up with a Pano2VR output of the area, then there will be a button to open the point cloud viewer, if this can be in an iframe then you can open this in the player as a popup.

I can only imagine this is similar to what some of our customers do with CGI tour builders.
Pano2VR is used for UAV high-quality panoramas, well anything that requires higher quality or outside images, then there are hotspots that are linked to the CGI tours. This is opened in a popup window within the Pano2VR tour with a close button.

This allows you to go from location to location using Pano2VR as normal, but then open the CGI tour from a hotspot.
Regards,
Hi Hopki,

Thanks for the reply. Yes you are pretty much correct. It may just be easier if I share a link to an example I made... https://the3rddimension.net/PANOS/22JT0 ... index.html

The password is 1234.

So what I would like to do is when I click the link provided Im brought to an aerial image of the site underneath a custom skin. On that skin there are buttons. A set of buttons take me to a pano tour at specific dates. There's a button for June 2nd, one for July 2nd and so on. There is also a button that takes me to my point cloud viewer.

The way I have it setup now I only have a single epoch pano tour so I cannot show the same site at different dates without having different links. Im using a hotspot for my point cloud viewer but would like it accessible from the "home page" (the ortho image) via a button. I can figure out the button part but would I just drop the ortho in as the first image in the tour, same as any 360 image and work it from there?
Hopki
Gnome

How I would go about this would be to create a Pano2VR project that has all the aerial UAV panoramas linked up.
Then, if you are using Pano2VR 7, add user data custom properties, set it to text, use something like var_b1, var_b2 and var_b3
Each node can then have the URL required for each button.
For example, if you have three buttons, give them the actions:

The buttons would have the action,
mouse click, goto URL, $(*var_b1)
mouse click, goto URL, $(*var_b2)
mouse click, goto URL, $(*var_b3)

In the nodes custom property you would add the URL it needs to open.

This means each node can open its own wireframe/CGI tour.

You can also set a visible logic block to "hide" buttons if the variable is blank, with no text/data.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/