Skin-ID for a Polygon Hotspot

Q&A about the latest versions
snowlexx

good day. tell me please, is it planned in the next versions to add a skin ID to a polygon hotspot, like a point hotspot?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I am guessing you would like the Polygon hotspot to have actions right?
If so then you can use what is known as Hotspot Proxy ID to link a Polygon Hotspot to say a container in the skin editor.
The container can then have all the mouse source actions such as Click, Press, Over etc.
To see it in action have a look at this forum post, it looks at an image popup that used a Point Hotspot, so to get it to work with a Polygon Hotspot it uses the Hotspot Proxy ID to link to a container in the skin with the required actions.

If my Cristal ball is having a brain fart and I have got this wrong, then please let me know giving more information about what you would like to achieve.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
snowlexx

Hello, Martin!
I'm not sure I can explain, but I'll try.
Here is an example - one main panorama and two secondary ones:
https://aerostudio360.ru/vt/testpoly/
In the "information" field, the main one has a View, the secondary ones have kva1 and kva2.
2023-07-10_21-07-01.png
2023-07-10_21-07-01.png (395.84 KiB) Viewed 3585 times
On the main panorama there are two transition points to secondary ones - one point and one polygon.
An action is set on each of the points - to display the value of the Information field.
2023-07-10_21-08-54.png
2023-07-10_21-08-54.png (70.11 KiB) Viewed 3585 times
This works for point hotspots, but not for polygon.
It seems to me it would be good if polygons could be worked with in the same way as with point hotspots, and not through a proxy.
snowlexx

I'll try to explain a little more fully.
I am engaged in creating virtual tours for real estate objects. At the moment, the task that I would like to solve is to increase the functionality of the virtual tour - adding the ability to choose a real estate object directly on the panorama. Since the information about the status of units and their price is constantly changing, the only possible option to keep the data up-to-date is to configure its automatic updating. And this can be configured using the API. Each unit in the virtual tour is represented as a node. When automatically updating from the database, the values are set to the custom fields of the corresponding node.
2023-07-13_17-46-19.png
2023-07-13_17-46-19.png (21.9 KiB) Viewed 3557 times
I need each unit on the panorama to be marked with a polygon and have its own label. Depending on the status (available or not for sale) this label or polygon is active or inactive. Here is a short example of how I would like it to look like:
https://aerostudio360.ru/vt/testpoly2/
Here, when you hover over the unit label or on the polygon of this unit, the label changes its appearance. The left placemark and polygon are active - a unit opens by clicking. The right placemark and polygon are inactive - information appears on hover, but the transition does not occur.
Due to the fact that the polygon "does not see" the values of the user fields of the node attached to it (I showed this in the previous post), then we also have to make polygons unique, assign a unit number to each polygon and assign a value when updating: is the unit available or not.
The second problem is that since polygons have become unique, you have to create your own proxy double for each polygon in the skin editor in order to assign a hover or click action. And there can be more than one hundred units in one project.
I do not know how feasible it is in principle to add a Skin-ID for polygons, but it seems to me that this would greatly simplify the possibilities of using polygons in virtual tours.