Can't get a transparant button working

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Forum,

I made a navigation map with hotspots that normally is hidden.
When you push the "Map" button in the image the map is sliding upwards from below the window and when the movement stops the hotspots are ready for navigation.
So far so good.

However I find it annoying that the "Map" button is also sliding upwards together with the map and I like to keep the button in its position.
I understand that the behaviour has to do with the parent<>child relation of map and button so I thought about a workaround by making an invisble, transparant "Show Map" button on top of a visble dummy element that looks like a button but don't have any action. I also put a second transparant "Close Map" button that covers the dummy element when the map is fully up and so, with 2 invisble buttons that shifts over a dummy element, I thought I created what I wanted.

Unfortunately the transparant buttons don't work because they are not recognized as a button on my system (OSX).
I tested this by making a thick visible border around one of the transparant buttons, the visible part was recognized and the button was working (*) but the transparant part of the button inside the border was not.

(*) further testing proved that the map (set as parent) didn't slided as it should with 2 buttons (set as a child) linked to it.
Some tests with the buttons proved that it is possible to link 2 buttons with 1 map if there is a different parent<>child relation of the buttons and the map but then another set of elements (the default slider controller that is also present in the pano) is moving up and down in sync with the map.

I am sure it is possible to make one visible button that keeps in place while controlling (slide show/hide) the map, perhaps one of you can give me a hint how to achieve this.

Best,

Wim.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Beta 7 is really on its way (If I can get in touch with the translator it should be out on Monday) and there will an explicit "target" for the different actions beside of many (also incompatible... :() changes. You can see a teaser for what will be possible at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr_ ... n_skin_new .
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for the update about Beta7
The extra's in the sample looks fine :-)

Best,
Wim.