After 4.5 Update - Can't Add Hotspots

Q&A about the latest versions
mfox

I'm having an odd problem after updating to 4.5...

When attempting to add Point & Polygon hotspots, the panoramic image is zoomed way in and I can't zoom out or tilt down enough to add hotspots to the lower portions of the image.

I didn't have this problem in version 4.1, but with 4.5, no dice.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Mike
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Mike,

what OS are you using? Did you hold down (by accident) the shift or control key? Are you using a Wacom tablet?
MfG, Thomas
mfox

thomas wrote: what OS are you using? Did you hold down (by accident) the shift or control key? Are you using a Wacom tablet?
I'm using Mac OS 10.7.5. And no, not holding down any extraneous keys, and not using a Wacom tablet.

Luckily I saved my old version of the software, so I can revert to that and it works as intended. But frustrated that I have to abandon the new features.
AlainC

I solved this zooming bug by checking "ignore limlits in preview" in "Viewing parameters" panel.
mfox

AlainC wrote:I solved this zooming bug by checking "ignore limlits in preview" in "Viewing parameters" panel.
That did the trick, thanks very much AlainC!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you set limits in the viewing parameters then these are transferred to the Hotspot editor.
This makes sense as why would you want to add hotspots out of the viewable range.

Is this what you were doing?
With all my tests this is the behaviour I see.

This all said version 4.1 does not do this, it still lets you move the image 360 x 180 regardless of viewing limits.
I will run this past the Dev's to see if this is how it should work or a bug.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/