Using a gif image support?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
NISNJH

am wondering will Gif support be added into Object2vr at a later date?

I have a rendered out orbit rotation around an object and on the one side view I have one part I was hoping to render out animation on the one side and save that one image as a animated gif.. that i could have a trigger on the gui play the animation on the image when button pressed, or is there a better way to do something like this?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
No idea what your asking sorry.
But as a guess it is a feature request for Object2VR to output animated gif's.
If you want to use an animated gif in the skin then it must first be loaded in a external loader.

If this does not cover what your asking then please try explain further.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
NISNJH

Ok hope this explains better I have a render orbit render I did of a desk that allows person to rotate view around desk.

I have one of those views be rendered on just that one view and have it cycles the drawer on desk open and close as a gif image for just that one picture that makes up the images of the object2vr rotate around, I would like to some how get it so that when a user rotates view around object a icon on the gui skin would highlight to indicate that if user clicks icon then it will cylce the image show and show drawer open and close.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have a couple of thoughts,
1st, have the rotation of the desk, then have a hotspot that opens the animated gif as a popup image.
The hotspots can start to show as the lid faces you, you can also have a button to show and hide the hotspots.

2nd, if the number of frames that open and close the the desk are the same as rotating then you can use view states.
Have a button so when clicked you change state so the life opens and closes, then change back to rotate.

Advantages and disadvantages of both.
With the 1st option you already have the gif, so you only need to use an external loader to display the animation.
Disadvantage is the gif will always be the same size so if you use fullscreen the popup can look a bit small.

With 2, best option for display, IMO.
Disadvantage is that both states must have the same amount of frames.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/