softwares for skin element designing

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Egami

dear All
I want to try to build/design my own buttons and thumbnails slider, i have no experience yet and i know there is a punch of softwares out to do this , what software do u recommend for designing a thumbnails sliders/gallery ? something similar to the attached images , i have looked into Inkscape but i could not find tutorials on how to make such gallery,?
http://ge.tt/1eMhLaJ1/v/0?c and http://ge.tt/1eMhLaJ1/v/1?c
i downloaded these free spd files/layered , i failed to reduce the width in Photoshop ,so I'm trying to make something similar to fit my desired size.

Egami
360Texas

Sliders with toolbar buttons are usually only 32 x 32 pixels square. Some buttons are transparent background 24bit.png or .svg file format.

If you use typical 8 buttons that are 2 pixels space between buttons <, >, down,^up, and +, -, i, map that would be

Slider bar should be about 35 x 275 pixels dimensions.

(32px wide x 8 buttons = 256 pixels long) +( 8 spaces x 2 pixels wide = 16 px long) = 272 pixel minimum long slider bar

We use a slider bar that is a 24bit .png file format. The buttons can also be 24bit .png. .png's are bit map graphics and not scalable.

Only reason possible for using .svg is that they are vector graphics and maybe scaled larger or smaller.

Photoshop "SAVE FOR WEB" option offers saving the graphic to 8bit .jpg, or transparent background 24bit.png
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Egami

Hi Texax360
Thanks for the information and certainly they are very useful and i will take them into consideration in the designing process , also i want to know how can i design a thumbnail/gallery slider similar to the two images i attached, i mean which software i should use , these image are in psd/layered format , with these format i failed to resize them in Photoshops to a proper size to use them in the skin that is why I'm considering to develop my own