Blending a video

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
russphotography

I have viewed pano's on other sites that have imbedded video nicely blended with the background. I have tried removing the video's crisp edge in Photoshop by fading to transparent around the video but still end up with a sharp edge during playback.

Does anyone know how this is achieved?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Have a look at this post from Jim: http://ggnome.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8869
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Boothy

Hi

I use photoshop extended or CC. I usually convert tour to cube faces to reduce distortion and composite video on top of relevant cube face. Import video has video layer and convert to smart layer\object. Scale/ position over relevant area. Create a new layer mask in video layer (reveal all). Then use a very soft black brush, 20% opacity to blend edges of video to back ground or visa versa (use a soft eraser, gradient if preferred, layer mask is much less destructive). Crop whole image with some of `still` background layer visible. Export to video (render).

After exporting video from photoshop reopen to check that your initial crop has not crossed a pixel and left a border (this sometimes happens). Remove offending lines of pixels with either the horizontal or vertical pixel line selection tool, crop and re export (render).

Also make sure your crop (I presume you are using photoshop extended or CC) falls well outside of your video limits to make sure the edges of video are part of your `still`background layer. Blending via video layer in photoshop works fine and is relatively easy, please see sample below (reflection of flames in teachers desk). You should be using the same background source for photoshop compositing as used in tour converting to cube faces makes it easier for both editing and pinning if falls OK in pano due to less potential distortion. I have noticed that on Safari (in windows)and colleagues iphones the pinned video can appear slightly darker. I have not found any problems on IE10\11, firefox or chrome.

sample: http://www.keystage.com/presents/red/red.html

Blending video via photoshop in via video layers is really easy for most instances where no distinct distortion is required. Depends on your level of expertise in PS compositing.
Apologies in advance if `telling granny to suck eggs` regarding photoshop tips

Regards

Boothy
360Texas

Thank you for the (G) mail. I suspect that is a Gmail icon.

By the way... I was using IE 11 to view your panorama ...

I clicked the (G) icon.... is its function to start my MS Outlook email client ? Did not work for me.
I tried Chrome (not sure version) and it also did not function.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Boothy

Hi Dave

This was a sample I uploaded a while back for Hopki to test pinned video issues, forgot all about the buttons, the `G` button stood for gyro. I was using where a client could face in a certain direction and calibrate gyro, it did have appropriate instructions but they have got lost in the upload. It was just the best example I had of subject already uploaded.

Sorry for the confusion.

Boothy
russphotography

Thanks Boothy

I will give this a go.

I am going to try to insert a person talking, me since I have a shortage of actors, and try to blend it into a blank wall. I will let you know how it goes.

Regards
Russ