Skins Issue

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
JYates

Hi All,
I am creating my first tour at the moment and I have two pano's currently swf files that are linked together by url with a hotspot. Each pano should have different skins to show variety. However the first pano's (Piccadilly 8am) skin is being pulled through to the second pano (Piccadilly 2pm), but when you click on second pano in the editor it has the one i specified, very strange. Do you have to specify an action to prompt the skin in the second pano. I hope this makes sense. lol. :D

Cheers

Jason
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jason,
The way Pano2VR works is that it uses the skin from the first opening panorama/node.
You can however have all the elements for both of your skins in the one.

Using tag's and node markers you can hide and show skin elements depending on which node you are in.
Example, if you add a tag to a node such as skin1, then add a node marker with that tag, what will happen is when that node is visited you can set activate actions to show and hide the correct skin elements for that node.
This means you can change the look of the skin depending on which node you are in.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JYates

Hopki,
You superstar!! It made sense doing it from one skin and with the node markers. Its works a dream.

Thanks Buddy

Jason
JYates

Guys,
Well I have managed to get the hotspots showing on my pano within pano2vr. I have two hotspots one that links to another pano (This one is ok) However the second hotspot (Information box) is not showing on my website. I have checked the SWF file and the second hot spot is showing on the SWF. In the hotspot editor I have used separate skin IDs to differentiate the two hotspots. It has worked for the first one but the second is not showing. so am i right in thinking of using a node marker with the id skin1 and place this on the hotspot in the skin editor. What actions do i need to e.g activate>>>show element>>>>skin1.

Lol i hope this makes sense.

cheers

Jason