Rotate speed too fast

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Dino

Hi All,
I am coming on leaps and bounds but am still struggling to find answers for some simple things...which brings me to my next little question...

How do you slow down the speed of autorotate (for Flash and HTML5). By this I mean, I do not want the tour to start rotating automatically when loaded (you can easily change the speed here), only when user clicks the autorotate button as the default speed is way toooo fast. Can this be done by setting actions against the button, if so please can somebody share a simple example please.

Many thanks in advance,
Dino
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dino,
Use the start Auto Rotate action, where it says speed you can actually add speed/delay/return to horizon,
Example:

Mouse Click => Start Autorotate => Speed: 0.5/5/1

The above would rotate at speed 0.5, once stopped with the mouse would start agin after 5 seconds and if tilted down would return to horizon at speed 1.

You would stack the Start and Stop buttons, the stop button would be set to not visible to start with. Then in the start autorotate button you would add the actions to hide self as well as the above action and show the stop button. The stop button would then have the actions to stop autorotate, hide self and show start. This makes it more dynamic as the buttons can be different and show the state of the action, example the stop autorotate button can have a cross going through it, showing the viewer that if they click it it will stop autorotation.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Dino

Hi Hopki,
Many thanks for the comprehensive answer. I will try this out !
Thanks again...
Dino
Dino

Hopki,
Having played with this, I think there should be an easier way of doing this.

If you want autorotate to start when the tour is loaded you can easily configure the speed etc. in the settings fields on P2VR. However if you want to rely on the button to start the autorotate, following the example above you now have to make several mods to the default skins to add a second button etc. with new actions.

Please can this be simplified - future enhancement request. Can we not just have a 'Speed: XXXXX' parameter for the Toggle Autorotate action or even make the default speed something more sensible eg. 0.1 rather than 0.5 as it is way tooo fast.

Many thanks,
Dino
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dino,
To make it simple you set up your auto rotate in the outputs setting tab for both Flash and HTML5.
Select start after fully loaded.

Then in the skin add the action to the auto rotate button: Loaded => Stop Auto Rotate.

This will then open the tour with rotation off, the down side every node will open with rotation off.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/