Hotspot editor/Polygon hotspots on mobile devices

Q&A about the latest versions
HaraldJ

Well, the latest version of Pano2VR that I'm using (4.1.0) is just brilliant and clever, a really impressive software!

Two small issues where I haven't found answers in the forum:

1) The Hotspot Editor
I have a pretty large panorama (http://t.co/3jedaAZgN2) where I would love to use polygons to mark blocks of grandstands. My problem is that the hotspot editor seems to show only a very low resolution representation of the panorama, and placing the corners of the polygons exactly where I want them is rather difficult.
My question - is there a way to make the hotspot editor show a more detailed view?

2) Polygon hotspots
Using HTML5, with Flash fallback, works great, and the polygon hotspots shop up nicely - on a desktop. On a mobile device they don't show up at all. Which makes sense, as "hovering over the screen" with my finger is not supported on mobile devices. How do you get around it (if there is a way to get around it)?

Thanks for reading

Harald
Harald Joergens
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, United Kingdom
zap

Hi
1) create pano and check created hotspot file. when you use a notepad editor, you can manipulate the x/y position of the hotpots, think this should work also for the polygons, though I didn't try.

2) use a hotspot instead of a polygon
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
AlainC

1) In the prefs you can increase preview size
2) In your skin you can add a button with "Change polygon mode" action
HaraldJ

Excellent, thank you, the Hotspot Editor has now turned into an exceptionally useful tool, with the preview size set much higher in the preferences. It might help if the program would mention that it needs to be restarted to apply the changes.

Now that I can create really nice polygons, I'm running into another issue:
Creating a polygon is simple and straightforward, but I have a problem editing it, once it has been created.
If I grab a point, I can move it all over the place, which is nice, but I can't find how to "un-select" it. A double click does nothing, a right click deletes the point, and anything else seems to leave the control point stuck to the cursor.
Am I missing a trick here?

Thanks!

Harald
Harald Joergens
AlainC

Joke : look at the documentation :lol:
You have to guess, it seems for me that shift-click deselects the point, but it's a bit tricky because shift controls also the zoom.
HaraldJ

It's actually a very good point - a Shift-Click releases a point and zooms at the same time.

The good news is that, as far as I can work out, you only have to do that once, and from then on you release a point when you release the mouse button, very nice indeed!
Harald Joergens