Mini garage panos

Q&A about the latest versions
RobM

Hi All,

One of the projects I'm working on... http://www.stillmation.com/mini_garage/

A few shots around the garage and a couple of the cars have interior panos.

I really can't get a handle on V4 yet. Until everything is totally HTML5 capable the SWF handling just doesn't see efficient to me. Until I can get a better grasp of getting a good balance of loading speed and quality I'm resigned to using V3 as a proven workhorse for the money jobs.

Cheers, Rob.
Judy-A

Lovely photography.

Your tour works fine for me on iPad 4, with one exception. With my iPad lying on the table, and gyro enabled, the opening scene of your tour is the floor. Is that what you want to show?

Judy
Tong

it`s pano2vr bug
RobM

thanks guys.

Judy, I actually don't mind that gyro looking down when the iPad is laying on the table. It encourages people to pick it up and look.
360Texas

With the device laying flat on a table, Gyro is behaving correctly as its orientation would display the nadair or screen bottom view.

This behavior is not a bug.

Should take advantage of this nadir down view feature and place an advertising nadir tripod cap... LOLLL something to READ like a phone number, copyright notice, photographers name, company branding name.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Rajah

@360Texas: Advertising. Good one!

@RobM: how did you make the interior, without being crippled?
Btw: nice done!

Frans
RobM

thanks guys.

Dave.
I don't hide the nadir out of principle. I work hard at making sure the 360's I do are just that. :)
Besides, on a commissioned job I don't see the need to put my logo or anything down there. In fact one of my clients, a business jet manufacturer wouldn't have hired me if I did. I know that for a fact.

Frans.
That Mini Goodwood was tight inside, seriously tight. I've shot lavatories on jets that are small spaces with other technical challenges but this was a real squeeze. The lens was about 50mm from the head-rests there and pretty close to the head lining.
It took a full day to shoot that garage set and the 2 cars. Ideally if I was doing them as well as I wanted, including full interior and exterior stills for popups and catalogue use It's be a day per car.
The jets I do (I hope to post some links soon) take about 3 days of actual preparation and shooting. Then about 5 days post processing to build a fully interactive tour with video and stills.

Rob
Rajah

@logo: the logo of the manufacturer!

@mini: good lord..... :lol:

Frans
Svendus

Works nicely on iPhone 5
Image Image