HTML5 and Flash panoramas in Joomla

Q&A about the latest versions
Erg-Bsb

Good evening to all.

I'm creating my own photo website with some dynamic panoramas created with Pano2VR v3 in Flash with HTML5 fallback.

My first question is about the html files created for each type in the software because it isn't specified in the tutorials: should they have the same name or must they have different names?

My second problem is that I'm using the CMS Joomla to create my site. Pano2VR creates xml, html and js files which aren't handled by its “Media Manager”. How am I supposed to upload these files in Joomla?
I saw several users here were using Joomla too but didn't see any solution about this point.

Any solution would be very welcome.

Eric G.
Erg-Bsb

I'm a bit disappointed as I expected at least receive an answer for my first question.

As I didn't but got all the solutions through others ways, I will answer to myself; this may help other users with the same doubts.

When creating a VT in Flash and HTML5 with a fallback on one or the other, there must be only one html file for the fallback to work. I set both versions and when everything was ready, clicked on the button “create everything”. That worked.

About importing those files inside a Joomla site you can simply do it by copying them with the explorer (when the site is still on localhost) or by FTP (when online) in the same site's folder than the one they were created by Pano2VR on your HDD.

When opening the VT by clicking on a link (text, thumbnail, button), simply link by pointing to the html file created by Pano2VR. That's what I needed.
If you want to insert the VT in a page with other elements, you can use iFrame and copy the relevant code of the html inside the existing article page.

Eric G.
360Texas

I think I understood your process. I also think the reason for no replies might be because forum members are using other HTML page editors. However, You are helping to broaden Pano2vr's Search experiences.

Curious which version of Joomla are you using ?

Do you have a web page URL we might see the results of your work ?

Thank you for your research information about Joomla.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Erg-Bsb

Thanks Dave for your kind message.

I think it's very important that forum users give detailed feedback when they solve their problems as forums are meant to give answers for all and not only a place for questions. Too many times users only say they got it to work but don't explain how. That's useless for everybody.

I saw several users here were using Joomla too but probably these weren't online these last days.

Personally I'm a beginner with Joomla and create my own photo site using v2.5. At this stage I'm creating it on localhost and it should be online in the coming weeks. I'll post back here in this thread when it will be.

Eric G.
360Texas

Thank you Sir.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com