Problems on Android phone

Q&A about the latest versions
TH360

Have just got a new phone and decided to check my website on there.

http://turningheadsphotography.co.uk/

It's a Samsung Nexus S running Android 2.3.6 and I have installed Flash Player 11. The website homepage loads showing the panorama, in an iframe, which contains the Pano2vr generated html, but when the pano has finished loading it shows a blank square with a play symbol. On another page it loads the pano, which is embedded onto this page, and it is controllable but when clicking on a thumbnail to change pano it shows an exclamation mark.

Have tried it on another android phone running 2.3.3 and the site works ok. Is there any known problems with this version (2.3.6) or with the latest flash player?
smooth

Works fine on my Samsung Galaxy SII Android Phone.

Yours sounds like it is running out of memory. Try clearing the browser cache or try another browser.

Here is what I see:
capture_002.jpg
capture_002.jpg (70.31 KiB) Viewed 3715 times
capture_003.jpg
capture_003.jpg (49.55 KiB) Viewed 3715 times
capture_004.jpg
capture_004.jpg (92.36 KiB) Viewed 3715 times
Regards, Smooth 8)
JimWatters

I ran out of memory trying to display it on my Galaxy S.

I believe there are a few ways to run out of memory trying to display multiresolution panoramas on mobile phones.
1 - Using large resolution tiles that don't fit into memory.
2 - Indexing and loading too many tiles at once.
3 - Raw Image Memory and Bitmap Memory I have always kept at their default values of 300 and 200. Changing these would also cause problems.

I notice you are using lots of tiles. This might be the problem.

I found I managed the best results for most phones by using these settings:

The largest level size is equal to your cube face size.
Then keep adding levels that are half the width of the previous until the width is in the 300 to 600 range.
The tile size is the same size as the smallest level.
I don't use "Load at startup" nor "Decode at startup" for any of the levels. The only level that I Embed is the smallest level.

Hope this helps.
Jim
360Texas

HTC Evo 4g 960 x 540 pix, Android 2.3.4 with 768 Mb system Ram + 4gb internal storage + 8gb microSD - WiMax radio transceiver.

I was not using the Sprint phone network to view your pano's. We used our home Wi-Fi wireless N internet connection. Pano's loaded fast.

No memory issues when viewing.
When I could tag the thumbnail slider bar I did load sequentually view several pano's with out dumping browser cache. The 'view thumbnail slider bar' button was small but easy to touch.. and the thumbnails were easy touch to view more pano's.

The 4 way arrow toolbar was too small for my rubber tipped pointer stylus.

-- Note for USA Sprint users:
Our US carrier 'Sprint' is due to phase out their WIMAX network and drop selling Wimax smart phones in favor of introducing their faster 4g LTE network by end of 2012. At which point ALL US Sprint WiMax based phones will be unusable and go dark. My understanding is that Sprint is now quietly replacing all their cell tower WiMax cards with LTE cards. At that time we plan to move to a bigger and standard uniform screen size LTE phone.
--
In the mean time here is what your site looks like.
evo4gpanotest.jpg
evo4gpanotest.jpg (57.24 KiB) Viewed 3683 times
evo4gpanotest1.jpg
evo4gpanotest1.jpg (53.44 KiB) Viewed 3683 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
TH360

Thanks for taking the time to look at the site.

It does seem as if I am running out of memory on my phone as I've seen it on a Galaxy s11 and it works fine.

Jim is this adjusting the multi resolution settings? Did have a play about with these before but was having difficulty getting it to work properly.

I use a different skin for iphone/ipad etc but didn't think about the flash version on phones, will have to rethink the skin.

Many thanks,

Jonathan
360Texas

On my PC desktop I have Adobe Flash version 11 plug-in installed on IE 9 browser. I can see your pano's quite well.

On my HTC smart phone using Android 2.3.4 I have Adobe Flash version 11.1 installed. I suspect I am using Flash 11.1 viewer with Webkit/533.1 browser.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com