Pano2QTVR question

Q&A about the latest release Version
GVdP

Hello,
I have a large pano made with Autopano Pro, and I want to convert it to a QTVR movie.

Thing is, as I said, the file is really large, and before I try I wanted to know if Pano2QTVR would be able to handle it and an approximate idea of the time and size of resulting .mov file.

The original pano was created by stitching 72 JPEGs, each 10 megapixel and around 4.5mb each. The pano covers 360 degrees horizontally and 120 vertically. The pano file is 160 mega.

I have a Athlon 64x2 4400+, with 2Gb of ram, and plenty of hard disk space (although maybe I should invest in a faster HD), and to create that pano it took roughly six hours.

I'm just an amateur who started pano pictures recently, so please bear with me if I sound completely idiotic.

Thanks,
GVdP
PanoMapper

Reduce the overall image size so that it is a lot smaller... You will gain nothing by having such a large pano, other than a movie that will take so long to load that most will give up. I usually use a 4000x2000 proportion, which produces pretty good results, and convert it to QT with a tile size of 1272 px at a quality of 80, loseless quality and low movement. If you are distributing via the net, this produces a pan of between .750 and 1.2 MB... More than enough!