Move to view

Q&A about the latest versions
frodo

Hi!

I´m trying to create a skin in which with a button (or more) I indicate the “Move to View” action. As Hopki showed us more then once, the action added to the button has to be “Move to View” under “Mouse click”. I followed those indications but an error message regarding the “actionscript” shows up. Anything regarding actionscript or whatsoever is not something I understand so far. The important thing is that it does not work.
Anybody knows why?

What works is the action “Move to default view”.

I have done it before and it worked, but now even using the same project and skin with its settings it does not work. :?:
Maybe it has something to do with the last update. :!:

Who knows?

Thanks and regards,
Martin
frodo

Hi!

Going thru different settings to test why happens what happens...

...when creating besides the .swf file a html file, the error window did not show up, but neither did the "Move to View" action work. :(

Martin
Hopki
Gnome

HI Martin,
In the move to view action enter: 5// 5 being the image you want to go to.
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
frodo

Hi, Hopki!
I was almost sure that the helpfull answer would come from you. :D
Thanks for that. That workaround is new. Right? In the former versions that was not necessary.

Regards, Martin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Martin
The target input box is looking for Pan, Tilt and FoV, in a panorama, the information would be set as follows, 150/0/70. So pan to 150°, no tilt, and FoV=70 which is default, of course these are just values pulled out of the air.

So the software is looking for the / after the pan value, and as there is thee lots of values, you need, // after your pan, image number.

Sort of made sense to me, perhaps I need to get out more. :lol:
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
frodo

Hi!
Yes you´re right, it sounds logical, but in earlier versions of O2VR these was not necessary. Now I have an issue with the screen tint, which works in a very strange way, depending the settings. I play a little with one of your skins you shared with us a time ago. What I´m trying to achieve is to avoid the use of the mouse over the object, so that you move the object thru buttons only. That´s why I thought to have a screen tint over the image. Setting the once loaded action it did not work. I copied your screen tint and with a change alpha action given to a button it works, but I want obviously the tint transparent. So the screen tint has an alpha of 10 when setting the rectangle properties. Then changing the alpha to 1 with the button it covers the skin, so that gragging the object is not possible, but yes the use of the buttons.
Sorry, maybe it sounds a little confusing, but my neighbors dog is endlessly barking, which makes almost impossible to concentrate and build a logical text.
The project I´m working on is actually object movies of cars. I already did the interior panoramas and now they think about doing the exterior as well. For multiple reasons I plan to make the 360º exterior with only 8 images and fade the images in between. That is the reason why I want to avoid the viewer/operator to check the images in between. In case I get this job, I think about hiring your skills to build up a skin with some of these items.
Please let me know what you charge for doing so.

Thanks,regards,
Martin
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Martin
I'm hitting the pit now (bed) so will e mail tomorrw.
Objet skins are normaly quite quick, pm or e mail me your wish list and how you want it to funtion, includ all the buttons etc. Will you be providing your own graphics etc.
Kind regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com