Image number limit

Q&A about the latest versions
ossosso

hi!
I'm testing the latest release of ObjectVR.

It works good and I haven't had any problem with a grid of 180 images (10raw x 18col); the final result isn't anyway so smooth so I've tried to increase "resolution" and I've created a grid of 3600 images (45raw x 80col).

The software starts to create the final .swf file (tried with .mov too) but once at 99% it crashes.
Tried on both windows 7 and windows xp machines.

Is there a limit of images to use?

Thanks a lot.
thomas
Chief Gnome

The only limit is your main memory, so for Windows this is ~2 GB (because Object2VR is a 32bit application). In the last step Object2VR needs 3 copies of the final Flash file in memory and I guess this is where it crashes. The next beta (I hope it will be out this week) should allow larger projects (because I optimized the memory consumption). At the moment you can only try to use less images and watch the memory usage in the task manager.
MfG, Thomas
ossosso

I thank you very much for your answer.

I've made some test.

System:
-Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
-Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz
-4.00Gb ram (3.25gb usable)

While ObjectVR software is creating the .swf file I open the Task Manager and I take a look to the Physical Memory usage.
I've noticed that it crashes not when ram is full, but when the software reaches more or less 1.300-1.400Mb, even if there's yet free ram (in my case it crashes when I have a ram usage of 70%)

If I use a number of images of 2816 (95kb each image) the software uses RAM for 1.3Gb, if I use more images ram usage increase over 1.3gb and it crashes.

That's all.
I just wanted to share my simple tests.

My final target is to obtein a really smooth animation. I get images from a 3d package software (3dsmax) so I've not hardware limit (digital camera, tripod, etc.).

I'll stay tuned for news about this software.

Thanks a lot for your support.