Advice on correct syntax

Q&A about the latest versions
coloredcircle

Hi,

I just purchased a license, and I am ready to create my object VR. However, I am experiencing an instantaneous crash when I try to expand the light table window to load my image sequence. I am using snow Leopard.

I know very little about scripting, but I was trying to in put the images the alternative way via a path. Could anybody tell me what I need to input for a frame range from 0001.jpeg - 0036.jpeg ?

If I have this information I can see if I can work around the problem.
PhotoSpherix

I know it is in the forum somewhere, but I just set the number of images in the lightbox and then drag and drop the photos.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
thomas
Chief Gnome

You can find some examples for the patterns here: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Obj ... ce_Pattern. In your case the pattern would be

Code: Select all

fill(column+1,4,'0') + '.jpeg'
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

I can confirm the crash with Object2VR beta5 (trial mode) with OSX 10.6.2 on my 24" intel Imac.
When starting a new project the height of the Light Table window is to small to show the buttons and fields for entering the number of collumns and rows.
The moment I try to resize the Light Table window to get access to the fields and buttons the app crashes.
On my MacBookPro with OSX 10.5.8 I don't get this crash and resizing is no problem so it seems that the issue is narrowed to OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard.

With 2 workarounds I can input the images when using OSX Snow Leopard:

1) I first save the blank project, I quit the app and start it up again with the blank project, with the "Select input" window and the "open.." button I can choose the folder with the individual images, after choosing the path is not displayed in the path field so it seems that nothing happened. However this is not the case, in the "Light Table" window new striped square boxes are created, and when dragging all the images to the first striped square box the images are imported in the project.

2) Sometimes workaround 1 is not working but then in the "Select input" window the full path is displayed in the field.
If the path is showed then most times (not always !) I can resize the the "Light Table" window without a crash and then the images can be imported in the project with the method described in the video tutorial without any problem.

I hope this issue can be solved with the next release of Object2VR.

Best,
Wim
coloredcircle wrote:Hi,
I am experiencing an instantaneous crash when I try to expand the light table window to load my image sequence. I am using snow Leopard