London Eye Pano

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
jondavey

I shot this pano a couple of months ago. The area around the the London Eye is owned by them and no "tripod photography" is allowed. I managed to shoot this before be told off. I had a big problem stitching it because "the man" came over to tell i couldn't take photos before i shot the zenith, I then quickly shot it but the wheel is constantly moving. I had to draw about 20 of the cables in manually. You can see a London Eye employee signalling not to take photos near the back of the eye.

http://www.jondavey.com/panoramas/London%20Eye.html

http://www.jondavey.com/panoramas.php
smooth

Nice Job. :D

Why can't you photograph in a public place? World's gone mad!

You need to fix the repeating dust spots in the sky.

Regards, Smooth 8)
jondavey

god can't believe i didn't see those dust spots, to busy worrying about mis-matched cables. The area of land is not a public place, it's owned by London Eye. So "professional tripod photography is not allowed". I live in Bristol and Millennium square has the same rules.
DSilver

I cannot photograph in many places within the Toronto area as well, like the OP said, anything that requires or is using a "tripod" is not allowed... the second you use a tripod, it is considered proffessional/commercial work, and as such, it is prohibited as you stand liable to selling those scenes/publishing them for profit without authorization. Hand held based scenes/shots is allowed only because of tourism based exceptions... but that's how they differentiate between a pro and a tourist.... the tripod...
Peter Stephens

The whole of London is like it, every bit of land is owned my someone. Last time I went up there I got moved on many times, as soon as you put your tripod down someone is there on your back.... must have CCTV cameras all over !!!

I live quite close to Dartmoor national park, the whole place is owned by private land owners. If I want to take any photographs up there to sell I have to pay loads of money to whoever the land owner is. I quoted a job to someone one, and it was just as much to pay for the right to take a photograph on the land as what I would have charged the client - so it doubled. Daft !!! So since then I've never taken any photographs up there, a shame as its a lovely place. Exmoor on the other hand I'm told is fine, providing you're not stood in someones back garden :D

It's becoming quite common now I think, wasn't long ago that our new local shopping centre baned photographers.... though this didn't last long as our local paper sorted it out, their own photographers got a bit pee'd off I think. Even now though, we're suposed to ask permision first...... I dono.

Pete
Peter Stephens

Nice VR by the way :D

Pete