Design of markertemplate not inherited

Q&A about the latest versions
JSchrader

As I understand the markertemplate, it is to make life easier and help us create hotspots on maps.

I can alter the imges for the nodemarker at any time later and they are immediately updated for all instances of the markertemplate in the map.
That's nice and how I expect it to be.

Unfortunately this doesn' seem to be the case for a textbox used with the markertemplate.
When I alter the design of the textbox, that design is only applied to freshly created markers and not inherited to the already existing markers.
Which is odd because this means whenever the design is changed, all markers have to be created new.
Now think of a map where 30+ markers have to be placed pixel precise every time one wants/needs to change the design.
Not good, right?

Am I doing something wrong?
Can the software be optimized to allow such inheritance?
Is there a workaround?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi JSchrader,
The marker template will only change the cloned elements in real time.
For the text box all you have to do is select all of then and then adjust the properties of one, that will change the properties of them all.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JSchrader

That might help, thank you.

But for my understanding the textbox is cloned as well, because it is built only once and then generated together with the marker when I put a panorama on the map.
Hopki
Gnome

hmmm,
The only thing that changes is the image the node marker is displaying, the node marker itself and text box don't get updated.
Example if you select the marker template (node marker) you only see this being selected in the skin. Select one of the images, marker_normal or active and all will be selected showing that are all addressed.
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
JSchrader

The logic behind my thought is like this.
I have a markertemplate and as a child of the template I have a textbox.
The textfield of the textbox has a placeholder for the node that the marker later is assigned to.

I drag my pano onto the map, the marker is created together with the textbox which also contains the logic element.
The marker now also already knows which Tour Node/Tag it shall go to when I click on it.

So why is there not a way to automatically also display the name of the node in the textbox?
The marker "knows" it already, it just has to pass the name to the textbox.

The textfield in my menu for example nicely displays $ut and $ud, why shouldn't it be possible for that lazy marker to read the same?
And also for the hotspots which is another place that requires manual editing with multilanguages. *sigh* :-)
Hopki
Gnome

Hummmm, it does?
I drag my pano onto the map, the marker is created together with the textbox which also contains the logic element.
The marker now also already knows which Tour Node/Tag it shall go to when I click on it.

So why is there not a way to automatically also display the name of the node in the textbox?
The marker "knows" it already, it just has to pass the name to the textbox.
The text box should have the placeholder $ut to display the User-data title, so as you drag the node from the tour browser onto the map it should display the title of the node as set in the user-data.
Of course this means you add a user-data title to each node. However if you have already spent time in naming the input images you can set the placeholder to $n, then when you drag the nodes on the map you will see the input image name.
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
JSchrader

Now we are where I started. :-)
The text box should have the placeholder $ut to display the User-data title, so as you drag the node from the tour browser onto the map it should display the title of the node as set in the user-data.
It should, but it doesn't. Which is why I started this post.
Hopki
Gnome

Hummmm, can you send over your project file and skin please.
++EDIR++
Better still send a support package if your on 5.1.
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jürgen,
ahhhhhhhh, I see what your dong now.
Place holders won't work in the logic block text boxes only the actual text box. However this is quite easy to do, please see the attached project.

The German text is in the project files user data title test field and the English text in the user data description, just as you have it in your project.

The marker template has two text boxes, one that pics up the title, $ut (German) and one that pics up the description, $ud (English).
Each text box has visible deselected but than has the following logic.

logic.jpg
logic.jpg (27.96 KiB) Viewed 3538 times

The description text box would have similar logic but will have "en" in the value.
This will work as required with just drag and drop.

Delete the node marker in the project and drag it in again to see it working.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Jurgen.zip
(13.27 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
JSchrader

Geeeez, ok, will try.
For solutions like this in Germany we'd say "from behind with the fist right into your eye" ^^

I only hope that one day there will be a proper way to build multi language tours.
And that until that day I will never need to build a tour with more than two languages.