Pano2VR 5 Pro and gigapixel (36 nodes) VT tour

Q&A about the latest versions
Bostjan

I have a problem with recompiling the VT based on 36 gigapixel panoramas (and this is a small project to me). Previously it was done with the separate p2vr files calling the other p2vr file, consisting the VT tour.
When changed something e.g. the p2vr No. xy I just opened that file, fixed the parameters, if needed fixed the parameters of xy-1 and xy+1 p2Vr file and dropped all three of the desired of fixed ones to batch window. Graphic station did its job and meanwhile I jumped to the other comp. working on the other project not bothering until recompiled.

I tried now with new p2vr5 pro and even the graphic station is 64 MB, 2TB 7200 rpm and i7 processor the app crashes somewhere in the middle of uploading the files (Win 10).
How can I recompile the simple way (droplet is not the option as the parameters- implemented video, sounds, texts are different, some even with different skin) not wasting my time with tool but focusing to work?

Thanks in case of reply…
Bostjan

Ok don't play mouses and cats… is it possible to do that within the existing gui (withouh coding and »hacking« the software)? Yes/No ?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Boston,
The only thing I would look at is the image cache drive. For lots of larger panos you will need lots of space and fast space.
I would use USB 3, SSD drive for the cache location when making multi node giga panoramas.
This said what is the size of one of your panoramas?
We have tested Pano2VR 5 with many nodes and very large giga panos, there should not be any limit only drive speed and space.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Bostjan

Most gigapixel panoramas are oldie - shot with Canon MK2 + 50 mm lens and the output was 50,000x12,5000 pix size - that's are 'equi', and than up to 100,000 x 50,000 pix size (cube faces due the faster loading). That's is old project from 2012 with mountain panoramas and it worked well both on mac and win 7. As mac was limited to only 500 Gb hdd I generally used win with no problems. But it was batch work - each pano with ovn p2vr project calling the other when jumping from one mountain peak to the other. Now I tried to enter all files ~ 300 GB as nodes and it is not fast at all... crashing so I am now doing it the "old" way...only no batch process but I need to load and compile each p2vr file separately. It wouldn't be a problem but my workflow is that I work with 5-8 graphic stations - each with its own project... outdoor work - stiching - batch conversion of stitched panoramas to surround images and in meanwhile outdoor work again and when coming home all the finished project waiting to be delivered or uploaded. - mentioning that what the batch process is still important.
Bostjan

To clarify... I am not blaming the software but due the demands vs hardware - the batch process would be welcome.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Boston,
With version 5 the options you have are:

Droplet, this can also process P2VR files.
Then under Add Output you have Template.

I think your best option is droplet.
How I would do this is open a new project, add an HTML5 output and set the output path to $n, this can be done by right clicking on the file path and click edit.
Select if you want an HTML page or not and then under the Advanced tab change the file path from $n/pano.xml to $n/$n.xml
This will name the xml file to the name of the input image. If your having the HTML page thenI would also do this under the HTML tab so you also have $n/$n.html.

Then go to File => Save as Droplet. Save values in project files, then click create.
Give it a name and save to your desktop.

Close Pano2VR and when asked don't bother saving.

Put all your panos into one folder and then drop it on the droplet.

Pano2VR will then make and folder and project file for each image in the folder you dropped onto the droplet.
Further more the auto multi resolution setting means Pano2VR will make the best levels for each image rather than just one setting in the droplet. This means the folder you drop onto the droplet can have a mix of different sized images and each will get processed and levels made depending on the size.

If you need to make changes to the droplet just open it, make the changes and save and close.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/