Mac

Q&A about the latest versions
Peter Stephens

Hi,

Might be a daft question and if it is I'm sorry for asking.......... I've had a quick look around and can't find the answer.

I might be investing in a Mac sometime soon, is the Mac version of the pano2VR software the same as the PC one ?

Thanks,

Pete
Peter Stephens

I asume it is the same.... but I just want to make sure as I've a large project that I hope to be working on soon and need to make sure.

Cheers,
Peter Stephens

ok........ just looked at the screen shots, looks identical :D
360Texas

good !

we are just curious.. why Mac ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Peter Stephens

Good question. I'm 50/50 on the whole thing. Every time I look into getting a Mac I become more and more tempted by one. I've always been a PC person, used Mac's in the past and not liked them, the new ones feel ok though. I'm becoming fed up with windows for a number of reasons.

I'm concidering a Mac Pro for editing and keeping my current PC for backup and office use.
360Texas

I have been working with a lady that uses a Mac. I sent her a DVD with a collection of .swf's in a mini webpage... she inserted the DVD or was it a CD-r don't recall now.. but the Mac refused to play the disk. I tried putting the content on a flash drive and her Mac would not read that one either. Mac's and PC's do not appear to play well together.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Peter Stephens

Seems a little odd, I've not had any problems like that recently, though I usually upload the files to our web space for the client to download. What I do like about the mac is the build quality and all the parts are tried and tested together. I know you can build quality into a windows pc, but will it all work together as well as the mac. I just feel that if I invest in a mac that I know my money would be going into something I could relie on. My windows PC is driving me nuts, the computer is good but windows is crap. From what I've heard the mac OS is a lot better - though often Mac people are very opinionated in that area :D

I'm hoping to be working on a large project soon that will require around 1000 images processing within a couple months, if the project comes about then I will be investing in a new computer to process the files. I'm still on the fence between Mac and PC though falling towards the Mac side.

I would be using PTGui also, looks like that is ok on the Mac too.

The reason for the question in the first place was that I was sure pano2VR was just for PC? Am I right, or thinking about some other software ?

Pete
360Texas

The reason for the question in the first place was that I was sure pano2VR was just for PC? Am I right, or thinking about some other software ?
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php

I think all of the tutorials show Pano2VR being displayed on a Mac.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Mnollock

We use MACs at work, and I use PC at home. MAC's are the way to go, as soon as I can afford one for home it's getting bought! I have no problem with getting them to work together either.
"I do not regret the things I've done, but those I did not do"

http://www.a-p-design.co.uk
Peter Stephens

360Texas wrote:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php

I think all of the tutorials show Pano2VR being displayed on a Mac.

I think I was thinking of pano2qtvr :D I dono.... need a coffee :?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Sphereworks wrote:Is the Mac version of the pano2VR software the same as the PC one ?
Yes, they are the same, except for some small platform specific things. You can also use the project files and skins cross platform.
MfG, Thomas